North Texas Poly Message Board › Singles at Polyamours events?

Singles at Polyamours events?

A former member
Post #: 1
Hello, everyone I recently joined this group. I have been looking at some of the events and am excited that it seems to be a very active group. However, since joining this group I have not attended any events. Do you have any events that are directed towards singles that are looking for people who also want to enter into Polyamours relationships? Or even an event where singles may meet in order to attend other Poly Basic events together. Thank you any responses are appreciated.
Dallas, TX
Post #: 4
Hi Shuan, I am tacking on to your post (although late) because I too have the same questions. I have attended a couple events, but at least the ones I attended were not geared toward newbies meeting others looking for possible relationships. I was told there are local websites that help with that but for the life of me can’t remember what was recommended. Maybe some members could join in this discussion. I am also single and looking for likeminded partners, although I have goal of a closed triad or maybe more. I would love to see an event focused on meeting others looking, maybe like a speed dating event where partners or singles bounce from table to table and can explore… or something similar.
KareFree T.
Arlington, TX
Post #: 4
Thus far, singles events have been outside the scope of this group. Anything is possible. Most activity actually runs through a super-secret Facebook group, but unless you know someone you must attend an event in person to be invited into the group. Once you're in the group, you're encouraged to create your own events and will have information from other events organized by folks not on Meetup. The best place to meet folks in general, though, is the Dallas Poly Dinner on the third Friday of every month at BuzzBrews on Lemmon.
A former member
Post #: 3
Hi Shuan and Dan! A great website to search for possible dating opportunities is OkCupid. Most of the poly people I know have a profile on there and, while not definitive, if you answer a wide variety of their questions you can get a pretty good idea of who you might be compatible with.

While the events might not be specifically geared toward dating they are actually a good way to meet and evaluate people. As people discuss ideas and thoughts you can start to determine who interests you. Then, strike up a conversation with them! Because there is such a variety of ways to practice polyamory there isn't really an easy way to have a "dating" event (and believe me, I've given it LOTS of thought). Differing personal definitions on consent, desired dynamics, entanglement, etc all make it complicated. The one thing we all seem to agree on though is the ability to love multiple people :) Good luck in your search!
Moniqa A.
user 29578792
Richardson, TX
Post #: 1
And for those of us who can't stand the Facebook group or horrors on OkCupid or the overwhelming crowds and noise at the Dallas dinner? The idea of being a part of the poly community is nice *in theory* but there is obviously a huge gap for the solo polyamorists around here.
Reginald M W.
Oklahoma City, OK
Post #: 2
Hey Shaun,
I'm new to this group.
Looking for growth in my relationships.
From what I've read, you're looking for a meet focused on singles.
Why not organize something between you three ladies (sanctioned).
Just for singles-only poly-meet. Start small for your first meet. Critique it.
Find out what works and what doesn't between you three as organizers.
I would love to attend.

R M Wright