North Valley Survival Skills Message Board › Final instructions - wilderness course this weekend

Final instructions - wilderness course this weekend

Lee Lavi R.
user 12088922
Group Organizer
Granada Hills, CA
Hello all,

We are getting excited here as the course is coming near. We have 6 spots left!

To participants:
Please email me back your cell phone number. Make sure you have mine (818-652-5025) in case you are running late or have any questions. Remember: There is no reception on the mountain.

here are the final details:

Meeting place
We will meet this Friday, April 26. between 10-10:30 am at the Chilao Campground visitors center.
http://maps.google.com/maps?oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&ie=UTF-8&q=chilao+campground&fb=1&gl=us&hq=chilao+campground&hnear=0x80c2c75ddc27da13:0xe22fdf6f254608f4,Los+Angeles,+CA&cid=0,0,3040888063710568284&ei=_Xd1UcboBMK9iwLe_oD4Bw&ved=0CLUBEPwSMAc­
Hiking to training area
We will be hiking about a mile up from the trail head in the Chilao Campground to our training area at Horse Flats campground which is at 6200 ft..
Weather
Weather is expected to be in the mid 60's-70's during the day, dropping to mid 40's-50's at night.
Food
Please bring food for 2 breakfasts, 2 lunch meals and 2 dinners.
In the last course I brought stuff like canned soup, easy to make rice packets, English muffins, Nutella, beef jerky, trail mix etc.
Therefore you can bring the regular cookware and if you want also bring a simple pot. No need for expensive cooking set.
we will have a big fire on which we cook and boil water on.
Parking permit
Please purchase at Big 5 - Adventure Pass
Additional recommended things to bring:
Tarp, 5'x5' or larger
Bear bag, if you have one, or airtight tapper ware
Hand sanitizer

Feel free to call, text or email me with any concerns and questions.

Looking forward to an awesome weekend!
Lee Lavi Ramirez
North Valley Survival Skills