user 9205187
Birmingham, AL
Post #: 199
Play On Con: Thursday - Sunday: July 18 - 21
Long Post

Websites:
Play On Con: http://www.playoncon....­
Host Site: 4-H Center: http://www.aces.edu/4...­
Overflow Hotel: Hampton Inn; Calera, AL: Link for reserving room: Group Code, if needed: POC :
http://hamptoninn.hil...­

Anytime that I can go and game for 24 hours for a few days is great. I will try to catch a little sleep in between the gaming. It would be great to see some of you here and meet you and play some games with you. If you are coming, there may be some problem with parking. See: Parking below:

Gaming starts on Thursday afternoon and ends on Sunday afternoon.

This is POC6. It will be at a great facility near the Coosa River about 8-10 (?) miles away from Columbiana.
This is an educational and convention center of the 4-H Organization. This consists of a few buildings spread out over an area of about a square mile or so (?). You can not usually see the river. If you walk into the woods away from the buildings a few yards towards the river, you will see the river from about 50 feet above it and a few yards away from you. This is a 4-H Facility, so there are many trails there.

Unfortuantely, there is no retail near the facility. There is a cafeteria on site, which will be operational druing the event. The Cafeteria is in the building where the gaming will be at. POC told me that they were planning to have a food truck vendor operational when the cafeteria is closed.

There is some retail at Calera, about 8-10 miles away. Most of that operates at about 8:00 am - 9:00 pm.

If you do more than gaming, you will have to walk a great deal. If you are going to be mostly gaming, you will not have not to walk as much. The cafeteria is in the gaming building.

Parking:
There are about 400-500 (?) parking spaces at the facility. They are spread out as well. There are 50
hotel-quality rooms at the facility, which sold out quickly. There are some other lodging choices at the
4-H Center. So, POC decided to have an overflow hotel, The Hampton Inn at Calera, AL. It is about 15 miles away from the 4-H Center. This is where I will be staying. There is a good deal of retail around the Hampton. There is an exit and entrance to I-65 near the Hampton, also. There is a large amount of retail about 5 miles north of the Hampton. There will be a shuttle operating from the Hampton to and from the 4-H Center. The schedule is:
Thursday: 3:30 PM - 3:00 AM.......Friday and Saturday: 9:30 AM - 3:00 AM.......Sunday 9:30 AM - 5:00 PM

If you want to confirm something, consult the websites at the top of the post and/or make some phone calls.

I hope that you will consider this.
Game On.
William
Gil A.
user 10995724
Madison, AL
Post #: 177
Thank you for posting this, William. Helen and I will meet you there.
William B.
user 9205187
Birmingham, AL
Post #: 202
You're Welcome,

I'm happy to see that you are planning on coming again.

Game On,
William
William B.
user 9205187
Birmingham, AL
Post #: 221
Correction:
The cafeteria is in a building about 2 minutes walk away from the building where the gaming will be.

These are some things that I have been informed about:
There will be a food truck near the gaming building during late hours.
There will be parking available at a nearby marina, that the shuttle will go by, which will cost $3.00 per day.

Game On, William
William B.
user 9205187
Birmingham, AL
Post #: 224
A reminder: POC starts this coming Thursday, July 18.

Game On,
William
Erik
user 73012542
Madison, AL
Post #: 3
I will likely be there on Saturday...looking forward to it.

I'll look for you Gil...
Gil A.
user 10995724
Madison, AL
Post #: 178
Took me about 2.5 hrs. It's well past Birmingham. Hurray for GPS.