Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature. ~ Helen Keller
Hello! I have lived in the Northeast area before, and recently moved to CT from the Dallas, TX area. There are a lot of treasures in the Northeast, from History, outdoor adventures and many others that we can do and enjoy in this area (and beyond) that don't cost a lot of money, that we can do from afew hours, to a day or more.
I have created this group for Dave & I to be able to do with others those activities on our bucket list, that we have wanted to do but have not had the chance to, or we have been afraid to do. Its to also share with others activities and events we have done before, and learn about other activities that we would like to do, to take me and others out of our comfort zone into new adventures.
This group will be for all members to participate, since everyone has that one or more thing(s) that they have always wanted to do, and perhaps put off due to being afraid, or not having others to do it/them with. Therefore if you have an idea/suggestion for an activity on your bucket list please let us know. An event will be created, and you most likely will host that activity event, or we can find someone to do it for us.
Activities where children can be involved will be indicated as such, and if age specific to also indicate so. This will also be family friendly when activities can be so.
As such all members joining are REQUIRED TO POST A CLEAR PICTURE of themselves: For security reasons, organizers to know who is going to the event, also many times there a many members with the same common names and so differentiating for organizers is good, and also being a social group so others know who you are.
Some of the activities or events will be:
- Organize and or host an event: Any event, Charity event
- Horse back riding
- Budgee jumping
- Sky diving
- Learning Salsa Dancing, ball room dancing, Country dancing or any other kind of dance
- Going to a museum, and museum events
- Visiting historical sites: In an around the northeast area and or beyond (Alot to do with the Beginning of this country In PA, Newport Mansions, NY
- The Rockefeller house and grounds, several artists' homes, and the like...etc.)
- Trying out new and different foods from different parts of the world
- Wine tasting
- Learning about different cultures via events, adventures, food and the like
- Camping and other camping activities; Hiking in mountain ranges or similar; tough mudder racing
- National Parks visits(local and elsewhere)
- Kayaking, surfing, water-balloning, Fly-fishing, water rafting, Skiing
- Running a Marathon of any distance
- Hot air-ballooning, Whale-watching
- Six-Flags, Water-parks, even Disney-themed parks (For those that might fancy)
- Boston duck-tours, other historical tours in Boston, Providence Gondola rides, Providence Fire and water summer event!; Hamptons-Long Island, Martha's Vineyard; Nantucket-MA, Cape Cod-MA; Atlantic City-NJ
- Photography, Piano playing, Guitar playing, learning to play any musical instrument, Singing in a choir or performance group (testing out that voice!); Writing, Writing a novel; Public speaking
- Spa weekends
- And many others....
So join us and cross off that activity from your Bucketlist!
By signing up as a member of this group, you and/or your family agree to not hold the North East Bucketlist group, the organizers, Event hosts and sponsors of this group liable to any issues, injuries or other such events that might come up. This isn't a professional group. It's a group bringing people together that want to share in doing the same things for fun. Though we will make every effort to not do events that would cause harm to anyone, please know that this might happen sometimes especially with some physical activities at events meant for those or physical activities. Nonetheless, many of the places we will go to will be legitimate businesses or places of adventure activities and do put in place and have different kinds of safety measures they take and or will take to ensure everyone's safety.