Let's explore Cleveland's newest metropark, Acacia Reservation, which was formerly a golf course. Acacia Reservation, a 155 acre green space oasis, is located in the City of Lyndhurst. The west branch of Euclid Creek flows northwestward through Acacia Reservation to join the main branch in Euclid Creek Reservation.
It will be quite a departure from the usual hikes we have, as the trails are all paved (but we can always hike along in the grass.) - and believe it or not, there are a couple of hills! Also many good-sized trees, ponds, and lots of birds and chipmunks. I even saw a sign about coyotes in the area!
Meet near the parking lot in the front. We'll probably hike for an hour. Those who are in the mood can then drive west down Cedar Road to Legacy Village to choose a place for food.
Leashed dogs & children in strollers are welcome. The hike is approx. 2 miles.
The entrance to Acacia Reservation is directly across Cedar Road from Cleveland Clinic and Beachwood Place, at a traffic light.
DIRECTIONS VIA I-271:
From the north, exit at Brainard Rd./Cedar Rd.
• turn left (south) on Brainard Rd. and cross over I-271
• turn right (west) on Cedar Rd. west/Beachwood and cross over I-271 again
• continue west on Cedar Rd. to Acacia Reservation, on the right.
From the south, exit at Brainard Rd./Cedar Rd.
• keep to the right at the fork and follow signs for Cedar Rd. west/Beachwood
• merge onto Cedar Rd. and continue west to Acacia Reservation, on the right.