May 21 Updates
As of today, the weather forecast for Portersville, PA is looking good. I spoke with the organizer today, and even if you have not registered in advance, there will be plenty of activities for people to enjoy. If registering late, make sure you select a second choice, that way the organizer can accommodate you. You will only pay a $5 late fee for the entire weekend, so it doesn't cost a great deal more to show up as a "walk on."
Here are some other recommendations as you start making plans for the trip:
1. Directions - Instead of using the Outdoor Extravaganza site, visit the Breakneck Campground website for directions to the campground. It has GPS coordinates and addresses some construction you need to be aware of:
Our group has reserved 5 deck sites which overlook the gorge. These sites are currently taken. If you want to join us, tell Becky at Breakneck Campground to place you close to deck sites 9 through 13. She can be reached at[masked]-3405.
2. If You Are Signing Up for Water Activities Late - Many of the events are filled and may sell out. However, you have a good chance of getting a water activity if you are willing to double up and reserve a tandem canoe or tandem kayak. Follow instructions on the extravaganza site to register.
3. If You Want to Sign Up for Horseback Riding - Horses are only available from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
4. If You Want to Cook Together or Share Camping Items - Please post what you're bringing in the comment section to eliminate duplicate items. We might want to do a community potluck so just let people know what you'd like to bring/share.
5. Finally, I will not be online after 11 a.m. on Friday. If you need to reach someone from the meetup group, call or text the following people:
Since cell service is not guaranteed, the campground phone number is probably your best contact for questions.
Travel to Portersville, PA, for three nights of camping and all-day events that include hiking, canoeing, kayaking, biking, yoga, rafting, nature walks, rock climbing, horseback riding, mill tours and more. Over 114 different activities over four days.
You must register in advance from the website below. Make sure you are using Internet Explorer or the form will not work properly.
-- Registration fee is $8.00 per day on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. The Monday registration fee is $6.00.
-- If you plan to be there Friday through Monday, a discount price of $24.00 is available (instead of $30.00).
-- Friday registration includes wiener roast picnic and evening entertainment.
-- Saturday, Sunday and Monday registration includes entertainment and any "extravaganza" activities that don't require rentals or extra fees. Children under 12 do not pay registration fees.
-- If you plan to order meals throughout the weekend, those costs are extra. You will see those listed on the registration form and the prices range from $8.00 - $15.00 per meal. The pig roast on Saturday night looks great and costs $15 per person. (Children under 12 can eat for half-price.) If you're camping, you can bring your own food.)
-- If you plan to kayak or canoe, solo kayaks and canoes are $20 to rent; tandem kayaks and canoes are $30; rafts are $15.
-- Horses are $15 per first hour. (This was last year's price.)
-- Bikes are NOT available to rent so bring your own.
-- Read the registration form for other fees that could apply, depending on event (like boat tour/group tour).
CAMPING - PAY WHEN YOU ARRIVE. THESE FEES ARE NOT ADDED TO THE REGISTRATION FORM.
$7 per night, per person, age 11 and up.
$5 per night, per person, age 5 and up.
Children under 3 are free.
I will have a balloon tied to my white van if you want to try and find us.