State High Points Series: Boundary Peak, Nevada
Photo Credit: Ambret (summitpost.org)
Elevation: 13,146 ft (4,007 m)
Boundary Peak is the highest summit in U. S. state of Nevada and is located in Esmeralda County. It is the northernmost peak over 13,000 feet in the White Mountains. Please note this trip includes route-finding on scree/rocks/boulders on the summit-ridge.
Accommodations: Backcountry camping on Sat and Sun nights. No hotels.
Sat, 22Jun2013 7:40am - Newark To Las Vegas
Mon, 24Mon2013 1:55pm - Reno To Newark
- pickup car rental and supplies in Las Vegas
- 5 hours drive to Boundary Peak trailhead (Queen Mine)
- hike to campsite, setup camp, and maybe summit Boundary Peak if there's time
- possible hike to bag nearby Montgomery Peak
- hike to summit or break camp and head down
- drive to Reno/Tahoe area
- hike/camp around Tahoe Rim Trail and/or Desolation Wilderness area
- break camp and head to Reno airport
Please message me if interested.
Liability Waiver: Outdoor recreation activities are by their very nature potentially hazardous and contain risk. All participants in such activities must assume the responsibility for their own actions and safety. The outdoors are forever changing. No book can replace good judgment. The organizer cannot be held responsible for inaccuracies, errors or omissions or for changes in the details in this hike or for the consequences of any reliance on the information contained herein or for the safety of people in the outdoors.