January 10, 2014 · 7:00 PM
two acre wood
Final Details for Sonoma Tour:
Good news folks. Monan's Rill tour is on. We'll talk details on Friday night, such as timing and carpooling.
So to revisit the basic points, just in case u haven't followed the email thread:
1) dinner starts at 7 pm.
2) [Call Lesli for address 209-337-8648] Sebastopol.
3) please pack at St Stephens a block before Two Acre Wood.
4) dinner is in common house at end of parking lot.
5) bring sleeping pads and bags if ur staying the night.
6) dinner is for guests and residents, so come with questions.
7) OAEC tour is at 11 am.
8) parking is above on steep hill and gravel drive. If u have mobility concerns, please give me a heads up.
9) Monan's Rill details will be share Friday night. We do need to figure out some carpooling so we only have 3 cars onsite.
10) we'll agree on lunch break timing, but everyone is on their own. If ur staying over? I was going to provide eggs and oatmeal with everyone's help.
11) $20 event fee to cover costs. If we collect more than needed, then I'll refund evenly.
See ya all tomorrow.
Please call if ur plans change. Thx.
Let's explore what others have done. We'll tour Two Acre Wood, a co-housing community in Sebastopol, to get a feel for small town living. Friday night we'll have dinner, host's treat, and stay over in their community house. Bring bedding and an air mattress or sleeping foam. On Saturday we'll tour Occidental Arts and Ecology (oaec.org), a long standing community and educational center based on environmental principals just a few miles from the coast in the coastal mountains. I'm also working to set up another tour of a permaculture community in the area. So come and let's start learning!
More details will follow. RSVP's are required. We will be setting up carpools, so indicate if you need a ride or are willing to drive. Contact Lesli for location details at [masked].