add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

Northern Manhattan Outside Message Board › A weather update for the Revolutionary Walk

A weather update for the Revolutionary Walk

user 3281068
Group Organizer
New York, NY
Hi all,

A weather update on the July 4th walk.

The walk is on!

Throughout the week scattered thunderstorms had been predicted for July 4th.

The most recent weather predictions I've seen from NOAA weather and Ch. 4 10 o'clock news say that a line of rain and T-storms will pass through the area late this night into the morning, but will end before 10am.

From 10am to at least 2pm weather is predicted to be partly cloudy to sunny.

A second line of showers and scattered t-storms will pass through in the afternoon. Predictions from NOAA Weather, and Ch. 4 differ slightly - ranging from 2pm to 4pm.

The hike should end around 2pm, BUT I'd suggest bringing a light rain jacket, just in case :)

Also include a plastic grocery bag or two in your 'rain kit' in case you have to wrap up your cell phone or camera to keep it dry.

What to bring - Water, water and extra water - it will be HOT tomorrow - 90s - bring 2 water bottles if you usually bring 1 (and you should be able to refill your water bottle in Ft. Lee.)  remember a hat and sunscreen, and a quick snack - small lunch to eat at Ft. Lee.

With the possibility of afternoon rain we'll keep the picnic time very short - spend the time in NJ checking out the museum and grounds.

I think that's it :)

See you all tomorrow - we'll get started at 11am

No posted service advisories for the A train tomorrow - remember it's a holiday so it might run  a little slower (a slow running A train... like that never happened before.... keep it in mind when you plan your travel time)

Ch. 4 just updated as I'm writing - chance for afternoon showers/T-storms is decreasing, weather is looking even better- but HOT - for Independence day!