Northern Nevada Preppers Group Message Board › Prepper store in Sparks

Prepper store in Sparks

James
user 34763742
Reno, NV
Post #: 2
Does anyone know the address of the Prepper Store in Sparks???
James
user 34763742
Reno, NV
Post #: 3
I FOUND THE ADDRESS.
Prepandsave.com
1472 Linda Way Sparks
Rob M.
user 54313392
Group Organizer
Reno, NV
Post #: 1
I'm glad you found the store. Did you go take a look at them and if so, what did you think?
James
user 34763742
Reno, NV
Post #: 6
I did go take a look. They have a good supply of goal zero solar panels and accessories set up so you can go hands on. Most of their survival tools are cheap China garbage. They have a decent selection of Thrive canned foods in #10 and #2 1/2 and a few pouches. They are selling fake M.R.E.s that are missing the side dish for 10$ each or 100$ per case of 12. They have something called the water brick that holds 3.5 gallons and is stackable. There is also minimal medical supply area.
Becky
user 62526082
Reno, NV
Post #: 5
Went to the new store this afternoon. Not very knowledgeable, and just in the set up process. Guess we can wait and see. Overpriced on most items.
Rob M.
user 54313392
Group Organizer
Reno, NV
Post #: 2
I liked it in that it's great to have that kind of store around here. I like the solar equipment but the prices were high. I met and talked to Paul and introduced myself. He was a Navy Corpsman. He's a good guy and trying to get something going in the community. I understand what he's trying to do but his margins are thin right now because he can't buy in the necessary bulk to get the good purchasing deals. His selection is a little thin as well but he seems to be trying to get more items and generally good quality merchandise into the store. He did say that people who just want to come in and get a ready made kit are his biggest clientele right now. He's sold a lot of that he mentioned. That of course made perfect sense to me. I didn't want to disparage him while I was there but he was actually receptive to what I thought and wanted suggestions and my opinion. Paul came across as someone who really wants the store to work and serve a purpose rather than someone trying to make a buck. He also practices a Prepper lifestyle I found out and is trying to train and take care of his family. He had a great mindset and pretty much fits in with what we've been talking about as a group. I invited him to attend the meeting. He also mentioned different Prepper groups up in the North Valley area and Verdi. He had heard of our group but hadn't looked us up yet. Overall I would love to see his store become successful and competitive in this environment. For advanced Preppers, maybe at this time his store isn't quite where we are in our preps but for those that we know who want a fast and simple solution to getting prepared, he would be worth going to with the advantage of being able to see, touch and examine the gear someone was going to buy rather than doing it over the internet or trying to figure it out on their own at a big box store.