NORTHERN NEW JERSEY PUG EXTRAVAGANZA! Message Board › INDEX:BOARDING/KENNELS, PET SITTERS, DOG WALKERS, DOGGIE DAYCARE FACILITIES

INDEX:BOARDING/KENNELS, PET SITTERS, DOG WALKERS, DOGGIE DAYCARE FACILITIES & HOLISTIC VETERINARIANS

A former member
Post #: 51
I figured that I would pin this up on the board since people are always asking for this info.
Good Luck and hope this info. helps!!!
--------------------------------------­----------------------------------------­---------------------------------------
Hello Everyone,

Just wanted to post this information about boarding and daycare facilities. Whether you're going on vacation or just visiting family, friends, or loved ones, these places are ones that we recommend highly. So with that being said, here is a list of a few pet sitting and daycare places that you can leave your furbabies.

This is a name of one of the pet sitting services that I know of. I
ts called Natures Nanny pet sitting services.
their number is 973-694-2639. I have meet the owner and she is a very sweet lady who cares about animals. Some of the members of the pug group use her also. Her name is Lisa Bollard and she is fully bonded and Insured. I beleive she has resonable rates as well.

Best Friends Pet Care
269 Red Schoolhouse Road
Chestnut Ridge, NY 10977

Best Friends Pet Care
***They have webcams so you can see your babies all day long***

The PUG Hotel
in Beacon, NY
Run By:
Eev and Craig Rodriguez-Knapp
845 235 4411
The Pug Hotel

***The PUG HOTEL is closed for business effective 4/28/2010*** THEY have closed their doors and will NO longer be accepting PETS at this location****

Gone to the Dogs
Bed and Breakfast

Nancy Cavanaugh
Dog Sitting
201 370 3916 Cell
201 445 7652 Home
25 years of experience
Your dogs home away from home

CODDLED CREATURES, LLC
The Complete "IN-HOME" Pet Care Company
877-750-0869
Coddled Creatures
Offers: 10% discount on all pet-sitting services within the covered service areas.

Camp BOW WOW
Midland Park
Phone: 201-882-0186
Fax: 201-444-4422
www.campbowwowusa.com
95 Greenwood Ave., Suite B
Midland Park, NJ 07432

The ROVER Ranch and Spa
in Fairfield,NJ
www.roverranchandspa.com
973.439.WOOF (9663)

Hal Wheeler
1126 Pompton Avenue
Cedar Grove, New Jersey 07009
(973) 256-0694 - FAX - (973) 785-4943
VETERINARIAN RECOMMENDED

Doggie Paradise
145 Paterson Ave
Wallington, NJ 07057
Phone: (973) 574 - 8855
Fax: (973) 574 - 8188
Email: staff@doggieparadise.net
http://www.doggiepara...­
**This daycare has cameras so you can watch your dogs all day long**

PetSmart Hotels
1800 pet smart
call for a location near you.
http://petshotel.pets...­

The Peaks Pet Nanny
949 Hunters Ridge
Lake Hopatcong, NJ 07849
973-601-3035
http://www.thepeakspe...­

Pet sitters to locate sitters in our area:
http://www.petsit.com...­

Pet Sitters to help you locate sitters in NJ:
http://www.pet-sitter...­

Dog Pages to help you locate sitters in NJ:
http://www.dogpages.n...­

*****Also, check with your pets vet...sometimes they board their as well and have professional kennel caregivers and they walk the dogs 3-4 times a day.

ALso, keep in mind that some of the facilities above have web cameras so that you can see what they are doing while you are away on vacation. This is a great feature if you are like me and sometimes have separation anxiety from your furbabies. LOL

******Please make sure you dogs or cats are up to date on all shots and especially up to date on their bordetella shots before they go to these boarding facilities. You will have to show proof of shots before entering the facilities and some places may want you to take the dog with you a few days in advance to do a trial run. SO please call ahead and schedule your pups accordingly.

Hope this is helpful to all of you. If there are other places that you have used or know of, please feel free to add to this list.

Pugs and Kisses,
Josie and Girls
A former member
Post #: 6
I have a friend that petsits in Middletown, NY. Since it isn't in NJ I won't post the info but if there is anyone that has a friend in that area that needs a boarding facility please feel free to contact me. My friend also adopts out small dogs. She is very caring with her "guests". Dogs that she petsits must be under 30 lbs (she will stretch for a gentle "husky" pug though). Her name is Maria and she adopted a pug from me so she loves the breed.
Karen
www.adopt-a-buddy.petfinder.org
A former member
Post #: 31
Hi everyone - We generally board our pugs at The Morris Animal Inn in Morristown. Its a doggie-spa. We started boarding there because of the LONG list of activities you can schedule for your doggie ... and the different programs they have (like the daily Yappy Hour at 5pm). They have hydrotherapy (we used it for Parker's knee recovery!) and a swimming pool if you puggy or other dogs like to swim. Here's their contact info: The Morris Animal Inn - 120 Sand Spring Rd, Morristown, 07960 - (973) 539-0377
Penny & Parker love the staff there!!

Our neighbors use Bruce Hill Pet Sitters (located in Bridgewater, I believe) ... they do a great job for their 2 cats and Corgi. I have yet to use them only because I love that Morris Animal Inn (its roughly the same price).
A former member
Post #: 495
Hi everyone,

Since the weather is getting nicer out, I am bumping this up in case anyone is looking for doggie daycare or petsitting or boarding information or for anyone who might have missed it.

PS. If you have used any of these services at all, can you please comment on the boards about your experience, whether good or bad, so that other members get an idea of what places to use.

Thanks so much!!! biggrin
A former member
Post #: 1
Hello,

I usually leave Tommy at PetSmart in Secaucus. They seem nice and Tommy like's the staff there. He looks forward to doggie day camp because he get's to play with all the other dogs his size.
A former member
Post #: 510
Hi everyone,

Thanks for posting on this thread and adding your wonderful feedback on the boards. biggrin
nicole
user 3468345
Flanders, NJ
Post #: 2
Hi Everyone,

I just stumbled upon this discussion. I am actually a pet nanny with The Peaks Pet Nanny! We service the Morristown,Lake Hopatcong, Dover and the surrounding towns. We provide both daily walks and vacation care for both dogs and cats (little critters too!) The website is www.thepeakspetnanny.com
A former member
Post #: 939
Hi Nicole,

Thanks for posting this information. I will add you to our list. Thanks again.

For those of you who are looking for a pet sitter for your little furkids, Here is Nicoles information and you can find it also on the Peak Pet Nannys site page:

http://www.thepeakspe...­

Nicole with Isabella

Nicole received her Bachelor's Degree in Elementary Education

from Millersville University in PA.

The next four years were devoted to working in the public school system,

but felt personal fulfillment was lacking and Nicole was ready for a life change!

Working as Pet Nanny has been the answer as she loves animals and

much rather care and spoil her client's "Fur Children"!

Nicole resides in Cedar Knolls with her husband Eric and their fur baby, Isabella.

She currently services Cedar Knolls, Morristown and Morris Plains area.

So call her up if you need someone to sit for you furry kid.

PS. Nicole, it would be lovely to see you and Isabella at one of the future meetups so that the NNJPE members can meet you face to face and see your adorable little furkid. biggrin

PSS. That is a great picture of the 2 of you...love struck

A former member
Post #: 1,355
Please feel free to add any other places that arent listed on this link already.

Thanks.
Ellen
pugsRme
Group Organizer
Ramsey, NJ
Post #: 83
Hi All,

One more thing I had wanted to mention:

If you are posting for an independent dog walking or pet sitting organization, please make note of the geographical area that they will service...some of them are limited to specific towns, counties and/or locations.

Thanks!
Ellen