NORTHERN NEW JERSEY PUG EXTRAVAGANZA! Message Board › INDEX:DOG RUNS AND DOG PARKS~Dog Park Guidelines & Concerns

INDEX:DOG RUNS AND DOG PARKS~Dog Park Guidelines & Concerns

Angel & P.
Angel-Puppet
Wanaque, NJ
Post #: 13
If most of you are like me your babies are your world and you just want to make them happy.What makes Angel and Puppet happy the most is being around all thier puppy buddies and just haveing a good time thats why I thought it might be interesting to post some places I take my babies and ask that if you have some places that you like to take your babies that you add them too the list ......... so we can all let our puggies play. Please add to the list places you like to take your precious pugster!!!!!!!!love struck

out door dog runs
{off leash}

ridgewood dog run
1133 E. Ridgewood Ave.
Saddle River County Park
Wild Duck Pond Area
Ridgewood, NJ 07450
this park has two seperate runs
one for large dogs and one for small
it is favorite spot for pugs and puglovers alike
angel gve this park two paws up
30mins for pomptonlakes

Lewis Morris state park and dog run
Morris township
this park has tons of features not only do it have a historical area
it also includes a lake /camping section/ and numberous trails and fleids
it also has a fabulos dog run 2 acres it is a mixed dog run and is
one of puppets favorites -it is also the perfect place for familes and
children are allowed in the run
puppet gives this run two paws up !!
35 mins from pomptonlakes

Montabello dog run
Montabello NY
this is one of the cloesets dog runs
it has acres of parkland that includ tails and pinic area
it has a mixed dog run
puppet gives this run two paws up

Parsippany dog run
off of rt 46 in parsippany nj
this dog run is so cute it actually has water fountains for the dogs
but watch out all you neat freaks it can get alittle muddy after it rains
it has two dog runs one for large and one for small
angel and puppet give this park four paws up

rocky mountain top doggy park
Pricenton nj
their is a fee of five dollars for non mebers and
it is a bit of a hike but well worh it! it is a doggy paradise

Secaucus dog run
This place has both small and big dog runs together.
They have a nice little agility play course as well.
(we have never been but are planing to go
if you have been here before
please write about your experiences)

Indoor doggy playgroups

Best friends pet resort
this is a favorite of our pug group for indoor meetups
it is perfect place for your pug to run around and has alot of dog ammenities
in the main lobby area.Check it out.
spring valley ny

Bon chein
close close close !!!!!!
pomptonplains nj
they have playgroups on thursday nights from 7 to 8 pm
7.00 for one dog
10.00 for two or more
(dogs 20lbs or under only)
this place has alot to offer. Boutique, spa, Bakery all in one. Check it out.
Angel and Puppet give this place four paws up

parks good for walking and hiking
{leashed only}

Ringwood state park
Ringwood Nj
it is a fabulous place to walk your dog thier are
two main parks
Ringwood manor witch is open all year round two dogs
and bontanical gradens -gardens are close to dogs in the spring and summer months
bloth parks have fabulous trail and plenty of walking room
Angel gives this place two paws up

Harriman state park
Harriman NY
wow What a park
not only does it have hiking camping pavillain boating merry go round pool and resturant
it also has a zoo!!!
unfortunately our perious puggies are not allowed in zoo/ pool areas or in the restaraunt but every where else is fair game
and believe me thier is plenty of room this park is so big it has it's own section of highway
Angel and Puppet give this place four paws up

stokes park
we are planing on going to this park
in the near future if you have been here before
please tell of your expeirences

high piont
wow what a view
there are historical asspects to this park
and the veiws ar spectacular
Angel gives this park two paws up

waewaeonda
(cann't Spell)
westmilford nj
tons of trails and fun
angel gives this spot two paws up

bushkill falls
bushkill pa
the fall are amazing the veiws spectacular and thier are refreshment stands and portapotties to help you along the way trails galore
I give this place two thumbs up

appilation trails
this is not for inexperenced hikers or pugs the trails are rough but beatiful it is definitely worth it just bring yourself plenty of liquids
Charlie gives this place two thumbs up

(unknown name)
on top of skyline drive
oakland /ringwood boarder nj
this place is great tons of trails beatiful sights but watch out for bears !!!

the tourene
booton nj
this is another great park
it has tons of playgrounds and trails
with some fabulos sights
angel gives this place two paws up

rampoo park
mahwah nj
totally dog freindly has amazing views
fabulous trails and we recently had a meetup their
angel and puppet give this spot four paws up

These are just a few places you and you precious pups can go to let off some steam and watch your puggies play ......... Please feel free to add to my list My husband aND I ARE ALWAYS LOOKING TO FIND DIFFERENT PLACES TO LET OUR PUGGIES PLAY...........
Angel and Puppet can't wait to see all their friends at the valentines day meetup.Have a wonderful week and don't forget about the bon chien playgroup on thursday night at 7pm. We will be there, will you???
A former member
Post #: 197
Aly,

This is a great list of doggie parks and runs in the area. Thanks for letting me know of some new places I never even knew existed. Keep them coming!!!
A former member
Post #: 8
The Seacaucus Bark Park is a lot of fun for Chewie. Most times, it is pretty empty and he and his friend Joey are the only ones there, the most other dogs that were there besides us were about 3 or 4. The agility equipment includes different sized ramps, bars to jump over, and little tubes to run through. It is spacious, has a fine gravel ground cover instead of wood chips. The parking is a little strange - just park on the street or across the street in some office building's lot. The park is not separated for big and small dogs, but Chewie has never had a problem with any of the big dogs... he has so much fun there and is always really tired when he gets home!
Angel & P.
Angel-Puppet
Wanaque, NJ
Post #: 55
wow I 'm glad to hear the park was so much fun we have to make a trip their somtime .....hey just got wind of two dog runs-one in livingston and one in lynhurst they sound really excited if anyone has been or knows somebody who has been to these runs ....please tell me alittle more about them ........... also I would love to hear about some of the places were you take your dogs........so please write back thanks see you all soon!!!!!
A former member
Post #: 8
I drive pass the dog park in Lyndhurst. Looks pretty nice. I see some dogs there alot. Not tons of dogs, seems like a good amount. I've never stopped though.
Angel & P.
Angel-Puppet
Wanaque, NJ
Post #: 58
maybe on day when it's alot warmer I will take a ride their and see what it is all about it sounds really nice ............ my babies love to go to the dog runs-get down and puggie with it - so maybe somtime when the weather coorperates we should all take a ride over and see what this park is all about ...until then I will be going to bon chein were it is nice and warm I invite all of you to come with me .....keep adding more fun place to take our puggie buddies ...even if thier is no run and it is just a fun place to take a stroll or go on a hike if it is outdoors ...or in doors (when it's cold ) and it's with the babes we loveit and love to hear about so please continue to write places that you ake your pugs so we can all joinin the fun!!!!! see you all soon !!!biggrin
A former member
Post #: 300
Hi ALy,

I was just wondering if you have any new hiking places to add to this list at all?

Can't wait for the warm weather to come so we can explore some of these places.

Thanks for creating this great list...biggrin

A former member
Post #: 5
Since moving to Cliffside Park, NJ these are the two closest dog runs for Nigel. Lately we've been going mostly to Overpeck. Both runs have different sections for big and small dogs depending on your little one's play mood! Both parks are also good for long walks as both have nice walking/running grounds -- look out for geese droppings though at Overpeck! Enjoy!

Overpeck County Park

Fort Lee Road
Leonia, NJ 07605
201-336-7275

Hudson County Park

Bergenline Ave & 81st
North Bergen, NJ 07047
201-915-1386
Angel & P.
Angel-Puppet
Wanaque, NJ
Post #: 96
I will have to get back to on that I will have break out the old nj hikeing hand book Love the two new additions They sound great if anyone esle knows any more please due tell we are always looking for new places (my husband ,I and the kids aka puggies )wink
Lewis morris is a fabulous state park with a dog run ! it is in Morris town nj
ALSO STERLING FOREST HAS SOME GET TRAILS
AS WELL AS RINGWOOD mANOR located in Ringwood and the wanaque resve located in westmilford
I;ll find some more and get back to you thanks for the lovely compliment
Angel & P.
Angel-Puppet
Wanaque, NJ
Post #: 119
I figured since the weather has been so nice to bring up some of these
wonderful places for you to take your furry friend they are all fabulous especially the hikes it is fun that you and your puggie Buddie
can enjoy together just in these pass few weeks I have gone on
a two mile hike through lewis morris park , five mile hike
through ringwood state park a, three mile hike trough Harman(Bear Mountain) ,a five mile hike through the Rampoo reserve and it is so much fun!!!!! this weekend we are planing to go to bush kill fall in pa for our one year anniveresy it is definitely worth the trip !!!!! these are just a few of the great place in NY NJ
and PA that you and your furry friend could go and we would always
enjoy to hear more so please break out those back packs and compasses
and those leashes and water bottles and get out there and have some fun with your furry friend !!!!!!! oh and remember most parks after memorial day will charge a small fee for entry in the five to ten dollar range closer to five usually ... so get off
that coach and get out and enjoy the great outdoors with the ones you
love the most and please tell us of your adventures we would love
to hear them!!!!!smile