addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

NORTHERN NEW JERSEY PUG EXTRAVAGANZA! Message Board › Pug Pimple Question

Pug Pimple Question

Joe A.
user 13749778
Maywood, NJ
Post #: 5
Hello,

Thanks for reading. My pug saw the vet three weeks ago for a tiny white bump on his cheek. Vet could not determine what the cause was. Wanted to take a wait and see approach. We have an appointment again this week but would like your feedback. From googling it looks like it could be a pimple. Have you ever dealt with this? It was just a white tiny bump but quickly become a gross fatty bump. It started peeling too. It was barely visible one day bit it looks painful now. He's always licking his face so I am nervous about a lotion or cream. If you're familiar with this and know of a cure please let me know. I want to go to the vet with as much info as possible. Thanks in advance. Trying to insert photo here:

Joe
Denise
LoveMyRocco
Valhalla, NY
Post #: 2,987
My Rico had one like a year and a half ago. It did resolve by itself. It got real ugly and i posted for help. But then One day later I think he may have popped it rubbing against something.

My late Rocco had a few and they really went Down on their own. Maybe a warm compress like when we have sty may bring it to a head. I would not put any medicine other than witch hazel or alcohol on it. Just to keep it clean. Update when you can.
Joe A.
user 13749778
Maywood, NJ
Post #: 6
Thanks for responding Denise. I really appreciate your input.

Best,

Joe
Ellen
pugsRme
Group Organizer
Ramsey, NJ
Post #: 1,185
Hi Joe,

One of my Pugs has had a Pugzit from time to time..they go away. If people can get them, so can animals! Any pore that can contain a hair can clog. As Denise said, take a warm washcloth to his face and mildly rub...it will open and eventually go away; no worries.
Joe A.
user 13749778
Maywood, NJ
Post #: 7
Thanks Ellen,
I've been using a warm wash cloth - he hates it at first but eventually seems to accept it. Then demands a treat when we are done. Thanks again!

Best,

Joe
Joe A.
user 13749778
Maywood, NJ
Post #: 8
Been a few weeks but its finally noticeably better. Warm wash cloth twice a day! Thanks again!
Denise
LoveMyRocco
Valhalla, NY
Post #: 2,988
Took longer than most? But happy he is better.