align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo
JoJo D.
user 14177297
Waldwick, NJ
Post #: 2
Hello All!!! I would like to hear your opinions. Dublin has been excessive licking and swallowing. I took her to the vet and they ran a bunch of blood work. I am happy to say her bloodwork came back fine today. I noticed she has been twitching her right eye and her paw when she sleeps. The doctor would like to take a scope to check down her throat, yes I will get a second opinion... Just was wondering if anyone has experience a similar situation. I told the doctor it seems like she has a sore throat as even when she snores she sounds horse...
I know she does not feel well as she clings to me even more than normal.
Ellen
pugsRme
Group Organizer
Ramsey, NJ
Post #: 1,248
Jojo,

Sorry to learn that Dublin's been under the weather...

I think that all dogs can twitch every now and then when they are in a deep sleep and are dreaming. How often does it happen? As for Dublin's sore throat; did the vet happen to mention anything about allergies?
JoJo D.
user 14177297
Waldwick, NJ
Post #: 3
Thank you Ellen,

Yes they did mention about allergies. They told me to give her Pepcid ac to rule out any reflux issues and
They gave Dublin Dexamethasone Injection and put her on Azithromycin 250mg tablets for 1 week.
Ellen
pugsRme
Group Organizer
Ramsey, NJ
Post #: 1,249
Yes, I did suspect allergies. How is Dublin doing now that she's on the meds?
Ellen
pugsRme
Group Organizer
Ramsey, NJ
Post #: 1,250
Yes, I did suspect allergies. How is Dublin doing, now that she's on the meds?
JoJo D.
user 14177297
Waldwick, NJ
Post #: 4
The twitching has stopped, but the excessive licking, swallowing, scratching and painting is still a factor it has subsided a little since I have been giving her benadryl but how long can I keep her on benadryl? I took her back to the doctor and they still feel I need to take her for the scope so they can see what is going on... I am really torn on what to do - Anyone have a similar issue that they could give me some kind of advise. I have it documented that this has been going on since August 3rd.

Thank you

Ellen
pugsRme
Group Organizer
Ramsey, NJ
Post #: 1,255
Sorry to learn of Dublin's ongoing issues....definitely sounds like allergies. I am afraid that I cannot provide you with much input on this...perhaps someone else can. Did you ask the vet about the Benadryl? Perhaps get a second opinion from another vet?