How about a "cast iron" spin on a favorite cooking show? Prepare a dish in your Dutch oven that features beer. Dishes will be judged on taste, creative use of beer, and presentation. Set-up begins at 9 a.m. Judging of dishes is at noon!
If you are interested in competing, the rules are as follows:
1. Dish featuring beer only for this cook-off. Must be 21 and older to compete.
2. Must cook dish at cook-off site (Sportsman's Warehouse).
3. Must use charcoal.
4. Dish must be cooked in a Dutch Oven only. Dish must be presented in a Dutch Oven or on lid.
5. Must submit your recipe on a 3 x 5 index card (Sportsman's will supply the cards.)
6. Garnishing is optional, but should be simple and compliment the dish being presented. Doilies are allowed.
7. All participants MUST practice safe food handling procedures.
8. Must provide your own tables, chairs, cooking utensils, ingredients, etc.
9. Set up begins as early as 9 a.m. (If you need to set up earlier contact Eric Zavala at Sportsman's or organizer.)
For more information, contact Eric Zavala, store manager at Sportsman's Warehouse, at (775) 828-1500.