For this informal cook-off, choose an international dish to cook in your Dutch oven. Let's travel the globe with our cast iron pot - Italy, France, Mexico, India, China, Greece, Basque country. Give Swedish meatballs or Australian Shepherd's Pie a try!
Set up begins at 9 a.m. Dishes will be judged at noon.
If you are interested in competing, the rules are as follows:
1. International-inspired dish only for this cook-off.
2. Must cook International-themed dish at cook-off site (Sportsman's Warehouse).
3. Must use charcoal.
4. International-themed dish must be cooked in a Dutch Oven only and must be presented in a Dutch Oven or on lid.
5. Must submit your recipe on a 3 x 5 index card (Sportsman's will supply the cards.)
6. Garnishing is optional, but should be simple and compliment the dish being presented. Doilies are allowed.
7. All participants MUST practice safe food handling procedures.
8. Must provide your own tables, chairs, cooking utensils, ingredients, etc.
9. Set up begins as early as 9 a.m. (If you need to set up earlier contact Eric Zavala at Sportsman's or organizer.)
For more information, contact Eric Zavala, store manager at Sportsman's Warehouse, at (775) 828-1500.