Let's wrap up our cooking season with a cook-off of Italian cuisine. The sky's the limit from pasta to pizza so let your inner Italian go wild! Set up begins at 9 a.m. Dishes will be judged at noon.
If you are interested in competing, the rules are as follows:
1. Italian-inspired dish only for this cook-off.
2. Must cook Italian dish at cook-off site (Sportsman's Warehouse).
3. Must use charcoal.
4. Italian dish must be cooked in a Dutch Oven only. Southwestern dish must be presented in a Dutch Oven or on lid.
5. Must submit your recipe on a 3 x 5 index card (Sportsman's will supply the cards.)
6. Garnishing is optional, but should be simple and compliment the dish being presented. Doilies are allowed.
7. All participants MUST practice safe food handling procedures.
8. Must provide your own tables, chairs, cooking utensils, ingredients, etc.
9. Set up begins as early as 9 a.m. (If you need to set up earlier contact Eric Zavala at Sportsman's or organizer.)
For more information, contact Eric Zavala, store manager at Sportsman's Warehouse, at (775) 828-1500.