addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Northern Sierra Dutch Oven Group Message Board › Genoa Cowboy Poetry and Music Festival - May 5-8, 2011

Genoa Cowboy Poetry and Music Festival - May 5-8, 2011

Crystal P.
user 9627739
Group Organizer
Reno, NV
Greetings, fellow Dutch Oven enthusiasts!

Yesterday I received a call from a representative of the Town of Genoa who invited our group to participate in their upcoming Cowboy Poetry and Music Festival. They would like to know if our group would be interested in providing Dutch Oven demos for two days of the festival - Friday, May 6, and Saturday, May 7, from 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. each day. They offered to provide a small stipend to cover some of our expenses and will also provide day passes to their workshops. We are not expected to feed the public, just provide demos.

Information about the festival can be found at www.cowboypoetrygenoa.com­. This is the second year for the event and they expect around 3,000 people to attend over the four days.

Please check out the website and let me know if this of interest to the group. We can discuss it in more detail at our March 26 event, but please feel free to respond to me directly if you have questions or are interested in participating.

Personally, it looks like a well orgazined event and I think it would be fun for our group to participate. Plus, a great event to recruit more members!

Thanks...and see you on the 26th (weather permitting, of course)!

Crystal
john C.
user 12172390
Reno, NV
Post #: 3
3-15-11
Dear Fellow Dutch oven cookers,
Count me in I will attend as part of our group in May at the Genoa event both days... Just let me know what you would like me to cook...!!!
WHAT TIME AND WHERE ON THE 26 TH OF MARCH...???? 9-12 sportsman wharehouse Parking lot or some other location...???
sincerely,
John Collier
Crystal P.
user 9627739
Group Organizer
Reno, NV
Post #: 10
John, march 26, 11:30 am, Sportsman's Warehouse. If the weather is crappy, I still want to meet and talk about the Genoa event. Stay tuned!

Crystal
3-15-11
Dear Fellow Dutch oven cookers,
Count me in I will attend as part of our group in May at the Genoa event both days... Just let me know what you would like me to cook...!!!
WHAT TIME AND WHERE ON THE 26 TH OF MARCH...???? 9-12 sportsman wharehouse Parking lot or some other location...???
sincerely,
John Collier

Doug T.
user 9754081
Sparks, NV
Post #: 3
Cystal,

Count me in for the Genoa event. There seems to be a problem with the site. I have sent previous commitments, but they are not getting posted as well as others. One message even got sent to me. However, I will be there...Doug
Crystal P.
user 9627739
Group Organizer
Reno, NV
Post #: 11
Thanks, Doug.

Yes, I'd really like to do this, even if there is a small group of us. I'll contact the Town of Genoa next week to let them know we are very interested and get more details about how structured they want the demos to be. I want our group to meet on March 26 even if the weather is too ugly for cooking (let's hope it's not...I REALLY want to cook!). We can talk more about the Genoa event and what we want to do. Plus I need to get a calendar together for the upcoming season.

Take care,
Crystal

Cystal,

Count me in for the Genoa event. There seems to be a problem with the site. I have sent previous commitments, but they are not getting posted as well as others. One message even got sent to me. However, I will be there...Doug

john C.
user 12172390
Reno, NV
Post #: 4
We can always put up a Pop Cover and cook under it even if the weahter is bad... I will plan on cooking pork Spareribs...
See everybody there on the 26th...
sincerely,
John Collier