align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfullheartglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

Northern Virginia Conservation Trust Message Board › Dora Kelley Meetup

Dora Kelley Meetup

Ashley S.
user 8855258
Washington, DC
Post #: 15
Hello all,

First - I want to apologize to those of you who showed up for a volunteer workday at Dora Kelley yesterday. After the crazy weather from last weekend, the Nature Center Director and I chose to cancel. He then asked me to reschedule for this weekend, however, I was unable to make it.

Apparently, the reschedule was not passed on to the other Nature Center staff so they were not prepared to provide the volunteers with any work.

I apologize for this huge miscommunication. We don't usually reschedule events like this because our own schedules don't usually allow for it. I thought this would be different because it was a request from the Nature Center Director.

We definitely appreciate everyone's willingness to volunteer and participate in these events. I also realize that it can be a lot of effort to come out to an event on your Saturday morning. I hope this doesn't deter anyone from participating in the future. I won't plan on doing something like this again, unless I can definitely be there.

If anyone has questions or concerns, please let me know. Otherwise, I do hope to see you all again at another volunteer event!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Ashley