Northern Virginia Conservation Trust Message Board › Meetup Cancelled: Invasive Removals at Dora Kelly Park

Meetup Cancelled: Invasive Removals at Dora Kelly Park

Ashley S.
user 8855258
Washington, DC
Hello all,

First of all, I just wanted to thank all of those who came out last Saturday to help us remove garlic mustard at Dora Kelley Park in Alexandria!  We removed 8 large garbage bags full of garlic mustard, and made quite a dent in the population.  This event was part of the statewide Invasive Plant Removal Day, and I'm hopeful that by targeting garlic mustard in Dora Kelley (and other Virignia parks), we can completely eradicate this plant from our local ecosystems!

I wanted to also let you know that next month's Meetup at Dora Kelley is cancelled.  As of now, we are expecting to resume this event the following month, on July 7th.  I will send along updates as far as what will be doing, or if there are other event changes.  I apologize for any inconvenience, but hopefully we'll see you in July!

If you're looking for something to do, check out our co-sponsored event in Arlington this Saturday!  Our RiP friends at Lacey Woods Park have really been doing an amazing job removing invasives and planting natives.  Consider joining them for a couple of hours this weekend.

Thank you all for supporting us and our mission.  Let me know if you have any questions.

Ashley

Invasive Removals at Dora Kelly Park, scheduled to occur on Saturday, June 2, 2012 10:00 AM has been cancelled. Please update your plans accordingly.

If you have further questions, you can email me through the Contact Us link on Meetup.