Northern Virginia Conservation Trust Message Board › Meetup details changed: FMN Salona Invasive Removals

Meetup details changed: FMN Salona Invasive Removals

Ashley S.
user 8855258
Washington, DC
Good morning everyone,

The event details for this month's inaugural volunteer event at Salona in McLean have changed slightly.  The Fairfax County Park Authority has requested that the Master Naturalists lead a plant survey on-site before beginning any invasive removal work.  Therefore, volunteers will be helping id the plants located in the hedgerows this Saturday.  As of now, invasive removal work is expected to begin next month, January 12th.  I will update you all as I get more details.

Also - those interested in participating in the event on Saturday should have some experience with plant id.  On-site training will not be provided for this event.  If you have any questions, please let me know.

I apologize for any inconvenience this causes.  We hope to see you at one of these events soon.

Ashley

I've updated this Meetup. For more details, see the full listing:
http://www.meetup.com/Northern-Virginia-Conservation-Trust/events/93020982/­

When: Saturday, December 8, 2012 1:30 PM

Where: Salona
1214 Buchanan St.
McLean, VA 22101

This Meetup repeats on the 2nd Saturday of every month until April 13, 2013.

If the changes affect your plans to attend, please take a moment to update your RSVP. (You can RSVP "No" or "Yes".)

You can always get in touch with me through my group profile on Meetup.