With the support of Friends of the Goethe-Institut Festival
8 December - 9 December 2012
+ 1 (202)[masked]
In conjunction with Downtown’s Holiday Market, the Goethe-Institut will open its doors to the public on this weekend, and offer up a variety of German holiday activities for all ages. Music, food, storytelling, films, crafts, sample German courses, quizzes, photos with Saint Nicholaus, and an exhibition will create an enchanting weekend of fun and warm spirits for all visitors.
Saturday, December 8
1– 2 pm Readings of German Christmas stories for children
2:15 pm Screening of the one-hour fairytale film
The Wishing Table (Tischlein deck’ Dich)
3 pm Performance by the Children’s Choir (Kinderchor) of the German School Washington
3:30 pm Bernd Brunner: Inventing the Christmas Tree
Additional activities taking place on both days include
- Scavenger Hunt: Test your knowledge of Germany, the holiday season, and related trivia with a quiz and win a prize.
- O Tannenbaum: An exhibition of Christmas tree images from Germany and the United States over the centuries.
- Sample German Courses: Have fun with the German language and learn some useful phrases in mini-courses.
- Children's Crafts: Make an easy holiday-themed decoration.
- Photo Booth: Have your photo taken with St. Nicholaus!
- Holiday Treats: German treats will be given out; additional packaged items will be available for purchase.