Northshore Fringe Coders Message Board › Lambda Jam conference in Chicago, July 8-10
Lambda Jam (http://lambdajam.com...) is a new conference for functional programmers, particularly those working in Clojure, Scala, Erlang, Haskell, F#, etc. The conference format is a mix of traditional sessions (morning) and hands-on workshops and "jams" in the afternoon.
We have three excellent keynotes:
* Gerald Sussman (MIT) - co-author of Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs and an inventor of Scheme
* Joe Armstrong - an inventor of Erlang and author of Programming Erlang Software for a Concurrent World
* David Nolen (NY Times) - Clojure's core.logic and ClojureScript development
Other session and workshop speakers (http://lambdajam.com/...) announced so far include:
* Carin Meier - flying drones with Clojure
* Robby Findler - domain-specific languages with Redex and Racket
* Bartosz Milewski - intro to Haskell
* Dean Wampler - author of Programming Scala and Functional Programming for Java Developers
* Brian Marick - author of Functional Programming for the Object-Oriented Programmer
* Sam Ritchie - co-author of Big Data, developer at Twitter
Be part of Lambda Jam!
* CFP open till April 5th - http://lambdajam.com/...
* Early registration open now for $350 - http://regonline.com/...
* Sponsorship available - http://lambdajam.com/...
Hope you can make it!