align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

North Shore Permaculture Collaborative Message Board › Swapping and Sharing

Swapping and Sharing

A former member
Post #: 9
Let's use this thread to post what surpluses we have that we are willing to share with our fellow neighbors. Maybe we have something that someone else can use. :-)

It can be anything from physical resources to knowledge and teachings to time and labor!

A former member
Post #: 10
I'll start.

Right now I have
1.) Tons of cardboard boxes that could be used in sheet mulching among other things.
2.) Produce and other green waste available to donate to someone's compost

If anyone would like these, just speak up and let me know.
Tory
user 9165318
Rockport, MA
Post #: 15
Hi Ryan!

Funny you should mention cardboard. I have been wondering where I was going to find some. I am trying to keep down the "weeds" between my raised boxes, and put down hay without a weed barrier. Of course everything is growing up from under the hay! There are a couple reasons I am doing this. 1. to not have to mow in between boxes, 2. to stop competiiors from jumping into the boxes to live, 3. to keep the moisture in the soil and encourage worms, 4 to be composting the area so that better soil is created underneath for the future, (the soil currently there is awful and needs nourishment).

If anyone wants to come an help me lay out cardboard and then hay I'd love company!

I'd love some of your cardboard to recycle!

Thanks!

Thinking on what I've got to swap or share... will get back to you...
A former member
Post #: 71
I have found a source for free alpaca poop and bedding- you would have to cart it yourself.
Great for adding organic matter and fertility to your garden! Contact me directly if you want to pick some up.

Ryan- I'll take the compostables if nobody else can use them.

A former member
Post #: 73
If anyone wants to come an help me lay out cardboard and then hay I'd love company!

I can offer a bit of labor to help with this project. Maybe Sunday afternoon?
Tory
user 9165318
Rockport, MA
Post #: 17

I can offer a bit of labor to help with this project. Maybe Sunday afternoon?

Really????? Wow!

Yes, that would be a perfect time!

Wonderful!

What's the weather supposed to be doing?

We could do the trellis then!

Yippeeeee
Tory
user 9165318
Rockport, MA
Post #: 19

Does anyone have interest in some RAW MILK WHEY?

Just finished making a batch of cheddar cheese that will be ready in a year!

In the meantime the byproduct of cheese making is all this great whey. There are a couple gallons up for grabs if anyone wants to make fermented drinks with it, or just drink it alone... I have made several fermented drinks, using 1/2 a cup per gallon of mixture, including sweet potato fly, beet kavass, ginger-carrot, and one with white turnips. Cultures are live in it similar to yogurt, milk was raw so all benefits sill in it. (Heated only to 102 degrees to make the cheddar.)
A former member
Post #: 2

Does anyone have interest in some RAW MILK WHEY?

Just finished making a batch of cheddar cheese that will be ready in a year!

In the meantime the byproduct of cheese making is all this great whey. There are a couple gallons up for grabs if anyone wants to make fermented drinks with it, or just drink it alone... I have made several fermented drinks, using 1/2 a cup per gallon of mixture, including sweet potato fly, beet kavass, ginger-carrot, and one with white turnips. Cultures are live in it similar to yogurt, milk was raw so all benefits sill in it. (Heated only to 102 degrees to make the cheddar.)

still want to make cheese with you ... will be free to come to rockport at the end of June?
from Ellen
Tory
user 9165318
Rockport, MA
Post #: 20
still want to make cheese with you ... will be free to come to rockport at the end of June?
from Ellen

Let's find a date at the end of June! We'll need to coordinate getting raw milk the day before.

I'm on a cheddar cheese making run. It takes all day and won't be ready for 6 months to a year.

What kind of cheese do you want to make?

Mozerella, farmer's cheese, soft cheeses take less time and are ready either immediately or much sooner...

Let me know!

Tory
A former member
Post #: 80
Hey Tory,

Would you start a new thread on cheese making please?! It would be really cool if you could do a brief cheese workshop with an event in late June...hint hint. You are the resident expert.wink