The quick summary:
- For casual runners looking to meet new people and get some exercise in
- Runs schedule 7-10PM on weekdays, 11AM-8PM on weekends
- For now, the majority of runs will take place in Manhattan, but I am looking for co-organizers interested in scheduling runs in other boroughs
Hi all. I am creating this group because I am interested in running more. My interest in running and creating this group stems from:
- Wanting more consistent exercise
- Wanting to meet new people and socialize, during and outside of workouts (happy hour anyone?)
- Realizing every other group has runs at 6-8AM or 4-6PM! I am not a morning person, and I work late. Runs will be targeted to after 7PM on weekdays and 11AM-8PM on weekends.
So the goal of this group is to be a casual running group for those who are just looking to get a run in during the week. If the group grows, I'll schedule more frequent runs to accommodate everyone's demand and schedule. My pace for runs of 1-3 miles is usually about 10min/mile. Hoping to get that to improve, but the point is, this group is for people who are not serious athletes looking to compete. That being said, we might look into some 5K's for fun... but that will be optional for whichever members are interested.
Also, I encourage members to take the lead and schedule runs so we can cover different neighborhoods, fitness levels, and schedules. If you are interested, let me know and I can make you an event organizer.
Hoping to see you charmers* out there!
* Can I Have Another Running Meetup?
(It took me like 5 days to come up with that)