addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Not So Serious Running Group Message Board › Great Opportunity For Not-So-Serious Runners!

Great Opportunity For Not-So-Serious Runners!

A former member
Post #: 1
Hi charmers,

This group is great! I’m glad to see that there are others out there who are new to running, or at least not-so-serious about it.

I am brand new to running and I wanted to challenge myself but also have fun. I am about to start training for my first endurance race ever- a 5-Miler in Central Park!

I am training for this race with Team In Training, the largest endurance sports charity program in the world which benefits The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. With TNT, people of all fitness levels get together to get in shape, meet other motivated teammates, and help make a difference!

The 5-Miler that I am training for is the Fast Track 5-Miler. Trainings are every Wednesday night at 7pm in Manhattan, Brooklyn, and Staten Island. They kick off on September 25th and will end with the Join The Voices 5-Miler in Central Park on November 17th. While participating in TNT, you will get 8 weeks of in-person training, guaranteed race entry, race day apparel, and fun social events with new running friends!

You can check out the event information here: http://www.teamintraining.org/nyc/fasttrack5m­

And please feel free to message me on Meetup if you have any questions!

Bryan M.
bemayor
Group Organizer
New York, NY
Post #: 3
Awesome Krissy, thanks for sharing. Events like this are a great way to stay motivated and feel accomplished, and hopefully give something back too. I definitely encourage our members to take a look. Hope to see you at a meetup soon!