Notary Basics will introduce students to the role and responsibilities of the Alabama Notary, the proper way to notarize documents, and the steps to take to obtain an Alabama Statewide Notary Commission. Notary Basics is ideal for first-time notaries, or commissioned notaries who have never received formal training.
This is a six (6) hour classroom-based, live training class where students can ask questions and get immediate answers. Students will leave the class with reference material and knowledge of how to complete accurate notarizations in accordance with Alabama requirements.
Notary Basics Fee: $35.00 Non-Members / $25.00 Members*
Notary Basics Objectives:
• Learn how to identify document signers
• Journal Keeping
• Step-by-Step Notarization Instruction
• Routine Notary Certificate Completion
• Notary Fee
• Notary Equipment/Supplies
• Alabama Legislation (Notary Responsibilities)
• 12 Steps to a Flawless Notarization - A Handbook (National Notary Association)
• A Manual for Notaries Public - by the Alabama Bar Association.
• Notary Commission Application & Requirements
• Expert Training and Free E-Mail Questions upport
Notary Basics Trainer
Michelle Riley has been a commissioned notary since 2006. She is dedicated to educating notaries and the citizens they serve about the powers, duties and responsibilities of Notaries Public. Michelle founded Notaries for Alabama, a networking and support group for Alabama Notaries. She's also the former owner of Huntsville Mobile Notary and Process Server. She earned a B.A. in Communications from UAHuntsville, and holds active memberships with the National Notary Association (NNA) and the American Society of Notaries (ASN).
*Important Fee Information:
Membership means a paid 2014 Annual Membership with Notaries for Alabama.
The registration fee is only for Notary Basics class and training material. It does not include other expenses necessary to start as a notary. The registration fee is non-refundable and must be paid prior to the start of the class on 2/28/14. If a student fails to attend the class or otherwise needs to cancel, the fee will not be refunded but may be used towards another class.
Forms of Payment:
• We can mail an invoice to your employer or business. Tax ID Number provided upon request.
• We also accept all credit/debit cards, and PayPal.
• Make checks payable to: Michelle L. Riley.
• Mail checks to 1919 Oxmoor Road, PMB 122, Homewood, AL 35209.