Nottingham Italian Language Conversation Group Message Board › Venite, venite! Group Discussion - Sunday 17 June

Venite, venite! Group Discussion - Sunday 17 June

Rajiv
user 10511440
Group Organizer
Nottingham, GB
Ciao amici della lingua italiana!

Good news...

We now have a time, date and venue for the proposed group discussion mentioned a couple of weeks ago (here: http://www.meetup.com/Nottingham-Italian-Language-Conversation-Group/messages/boards/thread/23556682/­ ).

Raffaele (Raff) - the owner of Reno's Cucina Rustica - where we enjoyed the recent Cena Per Salutare Luca, has kindly agreed to let us use his restaurant after closing time on the afternoon of Sunday 17th June (4.30pm). The address and contact details are as follows:

63-65 Alfreton Road, Nottingham NG7 3JL - Tel: 0115 970 4760

It would be great if we could have as many members as possible at this meeting, as it's an ideal opportunity to share thoughts and ideas about how we can make the most of the Italian Conversation Meet-Up Group - and obviously also a chance to meet some of the good people who are a part of it!

If you could confirm your attendance or otherwise as soon as possible - no later than Friday 15 June - it would be much appreciated. (For those who can't make it, I'll put a summary of the discussion on the site later.)

Grazie - a presto!

Rajiv
A former member
Post #: 227
I don't know if I can come yet but I would just like to say: I have not attended despite being a member for a couple of years, but I would attend a more beginners' group - not absolute beginners, just not fluent conversation. But there hasn't been one. I'd also be reluctant to pay anything if I'm not going to attend.
Rajiv
user 10511440
Group Organizer
Nottingham, GB
Post #: 4
Fair enough, Matthew. What I would say is that this is not a group exclusively for fluent speakers - indeed, there are many people with a limited knowledge of the language who come along to practise, ask questions, absorb and, hopefully, learn (as well as just have a fun time drinking and laughing, of course...;-)) The possible membership fee renewal (£5 for the year) is just one of the ideas we're hoping to discuss at the meeting on the 17th of June - nothing has been decided at this point. Feel free to came and have your say.
A former member
Post #: 1
Count me in for the meeting on 17th June!

Ciao!

Rosanna
stef
user 6504998
Oxford, GB
Post #: 5

Hey ciao Rajiv, ma e' la festa del papa' quel giorno nn so se ci sono ...

Anyhow, I will try to make it.... time for an AGM me thinks !! heheh

I am more than happy to carry on with my duty of organising a meal related event every few months at different location. I ve been slacking a bit due to my travels but now I am back I will try to make more of an effort to attend and be more proactive in the group ... ( here you have it in writing !! ) :o)

In relation to the group fees I don't have a problem in paying a £5er a year to cover the cost of the running of the web site. I don t think it should be a problem to find enough active members that are willing to pay up for the upkeep.

ciao

S
Rajiv
user 10511440
Group Organizer
Nottingham, GB
Post #: 5
Hey Stef - good to hear from you.

Your input and experience would be most welcome (as you say - it's all in writing now ;-))

Yes, I know it's Father's Day, but we were never going to find a day that suited everyone (and I have a father, too, y'know...;-)). The meeting's not until 4.30pm, so maybe you could see your old man earlier in the day - as I'll be doing with mine - and then join us for the discussion...?

And, Rosanna, it will be great to have you there, too (piu' italiani ci sono, piu' credibilita' avremo!).

A presto,
Rajiv
A former member
Post #: 228
Thanks Rajiv, well I'll try to make it but can't promise anything as as ever there are several other events happening on a Sunday afternoon. :/