Nottingham Sociables Message Board › Board/card game event formats

Board/card game event formats

James
nmtoken
Cropwell Bishop, GB
Post #: 11
Thinking about the possibilities of putting on some board/card game events. Would people be interested? If you're interested, would you want to turn up on spec and play whatever games that people bring along? or/and would you be interested in turning up to play specific games, like... poker, bridge, whilst, monopoly, risk, trivial pursuits...
gillian
Nottingham, GB
Post #: 110
Yay! I love Bridge and can just about remember how to play. I have cards. I am happy to try other games too. smile
Charlotte
user 9894975
Nottingham, GB
Post #: 52
I like the idea of a card game meet up, we could teach each other all the different games that we know. And cards are easy to carry around!
Andy S.
user 13162663
Nottingham, GB
Post #: 16
i know some card games, but not bridge or cribbage and like playing board games too, so depending on the day, if free, count me in
James
nmtoken
Cropwell Bishop, GB
Post #: 15
Thanks to everyone for their replies.

So looking for multiple formats for board and card games that we could try... What would people think to say a 'card school' where we try to teach each other games from our personal knowledge... Who knows how to play cribbage for example (and would be willing to teach it to others?)

gillian
Nottingham, GB
Post #: 112
Yay, card school! I can play a number of games thanks to my family. :o) Sharing is fun.
Charlotte
user 9894975
Nottingham, GB
Post #: 57
I agree with Gill, card school, yey!!! I have already learned how to play whist and bridge over the weekend, and would love to practise these games and learn some more. I think it's a great idea to have different types of game events. :-)
Andrew W.
user 41610712
Nottingham, GB
Post #: 8
i prefer board games, card games will put younger members off
gillian
Nottingham, GB
Post #: 114
Well Andy, I learned to play cards as a child, probably helped my maths/numbers skills too. I don't feel they'd put off younger folks necessarily at all. You need to concentrate every bit as much in a game of Bridge as in Dominion or the like and it's as tactical. Just my view though. smile
Kelly
user 11702773
Nottingham, GB
Post #: 3
Well I think I'm still young enough to be considered a younger member wink and card games wouldn't put me off at all, in fact I really like the idea of card school as I know very few card games. I also like board games (though nothing too strategic or complicated). I think variety is key so there's something for everyone