Nottingham Sociables Message Board › Camping - Summer Weekend

Camping - Summer Weekend

Andy S.
user 13162663
Nottingham, GB
Post #: 20
Does anyone fancy a weekend of camping in the summer?
Idea was to go probably to the peak district on Friday evening, camp Fri night and Sat Night, Sunday returning, also Saturday to go for a walk,
Possible location is a camp site near Chatsworth
Please show your interest - If people are interested then I can gather some information together, such as campsites and dates etc.
Nottingham, GB
Post #: 28
In principle, potentially yes. But.... I am most definitely a fair weather camper! In fact, I'd say more glamping than camping! :D
user 57100582
Nottingham, GB
Post #: 1
Yes I'd be up for it! Have a large tent and all the gear! Tent can divide into 3 compartments - sleeps 6/7. Could only do w/e Aug 10th and 17th.
user 7320436
Nottingham, GB
Post #: 33
Andy S.
user 13162663
Nottingham, GB
Post #: 21
I can do hardcore survival camping or glamping but this weekend will go for the glamping or nearly style, have all the gear either way,
plan is to look for a site with shower block and toilets, and if possible electric hooks upon site too, as |I have a camping fridge lol, and of course a pub near by too, lol
A former member
Post #: 1
I'm up for it but have no camping gear!!!!!! smile would depend on the date though!
Nottingham, GB
Post #: 29
I'm up for it but have no camping gear!!!!!! smile would depend on the date though!
Sounds like Rachel has the tent equivalent of a hotel !! :D
I'm sure we can all club together and cover all the bases between us Kevin.

I have a few bits and pieces, e.g. kettle, pots / pans, camping stove, and of course... a small tent :)
Paul B
user 74033622
Calverton, GB
Post #: 2
Could be interested Andy but have no camping gear
Thrumpton, GB
Post #: 5
Im up for it. I got rid of all my camping stuff though.
Andy S.
user 13162663
Nottingham, GB
Post #: 22
Ok is anyone still interested in Camping, I now know when I am available for August sorry cant make 10/11 August or 17/18th but my plan is to go on Friday evening 23rd August and stay for the Saturday and possibly Sunday too as its bank holiday weekend,
I have camping equipment, a large tent and also a spare 3 man tent too, obviously if those without equipment have a sleeping bag and airbed then sure can rally round for the rest of the gear,
I have lighting (electric and battery operated) and if do go as a group have a tarpaulin that can be made into a shelter for the whole group.
I also have an electric hook up, as usually take a chiller with me too

Anyway is anyone interested for that weekend - Fri 23 -Sun 25 August?

Then please let me know and then I can look at available campsites around Derbyshire.
I do have 2 options at the moment - one is near Chatsworth has a small shower block, (its a selective site which is also not known to many, so better chance of booking)