Listing of next few Derby People's Kitchen based on details on their facebook site:
Socialise from 6pm food served around 7pm.
For this event there's a theme of 'butter'...
Butternut squash soup followed by butterbeans somewhere in the main course... and bread and 'butter' pudding.
Booking in advance appreciated either on Meet Up or the facebook group.
All food is vegan and suggested donation is £2.50 plate.
People’s Kitchen is:
* A chance for a community to get together and socialise
* A cheap, inclusive, ethical and healthy meal
We do it:
- To provide an outlet for food that is sustainable, healthy and local, affordable and inclusive
- To provide an opportunity for people and organisations in our town to socialise together
- To create an event that is about shared responsibility & mutual aid
- Because we wanted to make an immediate difference in our community in a way that didn’t involve lots of meetings and committees
We serve exclusively vegan food because:
- it’s ethical
- it’s cheap
- it’s environmentally more sustainable
- in terms of food hygiene it’s easier and simpler to prepare
- it’s accessible to the most people in terms of dietary, cultural and religious requirements
We look forward to seeing you there.