align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

Nottingham Vegetarian/Vegan Meetup Group Message Board › Old Angel seems to be doing vegan food again

Old Angel seems to be doing vegan food again

Notts V.
user 9612739
Nottingham, GB
Post #: 7
There is a notice on the Vegan Village dated 9 August as below:

"New food in Nottingham! D's Pop-up Kitchen
Exciting and delicious food at ridiculously low prices now in it's 4th week of service based in The historic Old Angel Inn, Hockley. New spins on traditional pub fare as well as world cuisine, come down, have a drink and take in the menu. Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays 1-8pm"

It anyone tries it out would be interested in comments.

Cheers

Peter

(http://www.veganvilla...­)
A former member
Post #: 1
I had seen the poster saying they were doing food (mainly Mexican with a few vegan options) but when I went they told me they had stopped doing all food, although the bloke behind the bar didn't seem to think they had ever done food but he seemed a bit 'spaced'. The poster I had seen previously had gone and the kitchen was definitely closed.
But every cloud had a silver lining, as that day I discovered Annie burgers at the Navigation Inn. mmmm
I would have tried the vegan doughnuts if I wasn't so full after my burger and fries
You all know about Annies @ the Navigation Inn right?
Notts V.
user 9612739
Nottingham, GB
Post #: 8
Hi Paul

Thanks for the comment on the Old Angel.

Yes - we go sometimes to Annies on a Sunday lunchtime.

Cheers

Peter
Beccy
user 8302980
Nottingham, GB
Post #: 1
D's pop up kitchen @ The old Angel seems to be alive and kicking Thirsdays, Fridays and Saturdays facebook page
Notts V.
user 9612739
Nottingham, GB
Post #: 9
Thanks for the link Beccy - will try to sort out a visit there.

Cheers

Peter
Notts V.
user 9612739
Nottingham, GB
Post #: 10
Update 24 August - tried out food D's pop up Kitchen - enjoyable and good value.

Spoke with D - no Sunday lunches at the moment but may start later in the year.

Currently food is on Thursday - Saturday from 1pm - 8pm.

Peter