addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Nottingham Gig Buddies Message Board › Gig Buddies Social Meet Ups

Gig Buddies Social Meet Ups

jenny p.
user 12506893
Nottingham, GB
Post #: 6
Hi everyone,

Just had a thought about the socials and whether it might benefit everyone to have these on a more regular basis for example on a monthly basis on say the first Friday or whatever suits. I think we should definitely have one in February anyway. It might enable newer members in particular to feel more comfortable about contributing ideas etc. and perhaps more people will sign up for gigs if they've met even briefly the people that they may be going with. It could possibly also lead to a wider range of gigs as people chat and hopefully bond over musical likes/dislikes and introduce new music to each other as well as discussing other subject matters of course. Any comments on this appreciated. :-)
A former member
Post #: 1
I agree with Jenny - I think this is a great idea! It gives people the chance to meet up socially outside of gigs and have a drink or two! I had a great time at the Christmas do because I got chatting to people, and think a regular social meet up would be popular. Hope others out there agree too :-)
Loz (.
LauraWallis
Sydney, AU
Post #: 41
Jenny, that's a great idea. I'll try and make it to as many as I can (I'll arange work around them!!). It's something we talked about before with a monthly meetup alternating between Friday's and Saturday's as some people can only make one or other day. I'll leave it down to you and the other organisers to get organising!! Hope to see you soon. Loz x
A former member
Post #: 9
Hi, as a newcomer and not familiar with Nottingham yet it would be great to have the chance to meet others like this before the first gig night. Kirk
jenny p.
user 12506893
Nottingham, GB
Post #: 7
Loz, Lia and Kirk thanks for your comments. I'll post a meet up for February within the next few days. It will probably be February 11th as unsure at this point whether I can do the first Friday which is the 4th. Anyway the 11th is just in time for the next round of gigs minus Dodgy. If anyone else wants to step in before then and arrange something then that's fine with me also. smile
Hope to see you there Loz. x
Ruth
user 13399731
Stapleford, GB
Definitely agree with everyones comments. Not everyone likes the same artists/bands/music so more regular general meet ups will give everyone chance to meet and chat with other members of the group who they may never have met just through the gigs. I agree with Lia, the Christmas do was a really enjoyable way to meet everyone and, similar more regular events would be really good. Probably won't be about on Feb 11th but will look forward to future meet ups.
Rob
user 13001567
Derby, GB
Good suggestion Jenny. The two social meet ups I've attended have been a good laugh and they're a good way of meeting other people in the group. And of course they've helped expand my knowledge of places to drink in Notts!

A former member
Post #: 4
Great idea Jenny smile A regular monthly or bi-monthly social meetup sounds good (I always have a good time out with the gig buddies) Alternating Friday and Saturday nights should make it easy for more people to join in