addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Novel Lovers of Sonoma County, CA Message Board › All that is - J. Salter READ THIS NOW

All that is - J. Salter READ THIS NOW

Crystal O.
user 13860811
Santa Rosa, CA
Post #: 10
I just finished this in a marathon reading session last night.
It's not out in paperback yet but I highly, highly recommend it -
for all the reasons I loved "The News from Spain". I don't know
how he does it, but Salter may be the only author I have ever read
who manages to capture grown up sex with all its many vicissitudes
in a way I honestly believe and recognize.

Just plain gorgeous writing.
Joan P.
JoanPrice
Group Organizer
Sebastopol, CA
Post #: 113
Thank you for this recommendation -- I'm downloading a Kindle sample now. Paperback will be available in January. Have you read any of Salter's earlier books? Are they as good as this one? The author is 87!
Joan P.
JoanPrice
Group Organizer
Sebastopol, CA
Post #: 114
Interesting article on Salter, A Sport and a Pastime, and erotic writing in Paris review: http://www.theparisre...­.
Janine
user 14867751
Sebastopol, CA
Post #: 45
I just finished this in a marathon reading session last night.
It's not out in paperback yet but I highly, highly recommend it -
for all the reasons I loved "The News from Spain". I don't know
how he does it, but Salter may be the only author I have ever read
who manages to capture grown up sex with all its many vicissitudes
in a way I honestly believe and recognize.

Just plain gorgeous writing.
Thanks, I submitted a request for it at our local library. Always love a glowing recommendation!