Novel Ideas Message Board › Books for the group March 2013 and on

Books for the group March 2013 and on

Closed to new replies

linda S.
user 8567609
Southlake, TX
Post #: 212
i have two more.
An Innocent Man by John Grisham. Non-fiction and i have read it.
Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll.
Julie
user 8426704
Euless, TX
Post #: 158
I'll second An Innocent Man by John Grisham. I read it and loved it. Thought it was a fascinating look at how messed up our justice system can be and how corrupt it can be. It made me really angry, and I think it would be excellent for discussion.

As for other Grisham books, I like some of them, but I don't think they'd be very good for discussion. I'm not saying we shouldn't do any, that's up to you all! But just my 2 cents!
Kendra
user 11328019
Rowlett, TX
Post #: 229
For the record - I say keep the Vonnegut books on the voting list! I like Vonnegut (I even liked Player Piano - poopoo on haters like Damon) and I sort of like when we read different things by the same author because you have another layer of discussion by comparing the works. As long as we're not reading two books by the same author in the same year and we vote the book in - I think we're good. Of course - maybe it's time we look into reading a series of books this year. I've heard Stephanie Meyer has a young adult series that's crazy sparkly good!!! We could dedicate the whole year on that series and maybe Wheel of Time...
Carrie
user 9120589
Euless, TX
Post #: 10
Sorry, I guess I got mixed up. I was thinking of something else. An Innocent Man sounds like something i would enjoy. I haven't read it!
cisco
user 66501162
Fort Worth, TX
Post #: 30
If we want to start a series of books, I had recommended the Incarnations of Immortality series. I also want to read Darkly Dreaming Dexter by Jeff Lindsay. It's the first in the book series that the TV Show (Dexter) is based on. It could make great conversation for anyone who's a fan of the show.