Novel Ideas Message Board › The definitive answer to Rob's statement that he did not suggest War and Peace

The definitive answer to Rob's statement that he did not suggest War and Peace

Rob
user 11363586
Killeen, TX
Post #: 32
The first mention of War and Peace as a book suggestion was by Linda Stephens on Dec. 16, 2009.
However, I did not want to read it.
Go Russian Novelists!!!!
Damon
YellowJacket
Group Organizer
The Colony, TX
Post #: 190
Sorry about that, Rob. You're right!

So Linda is the one I have to start glaring at.
linda S.
user 8567609
Southlake, TX
Post #: 71
Thanks for throwing me under the bus Rob. I do recall that the books for the last year were chosen by a vote so someone had to want to read it. I may have liked the noble idea of reading the book but am finding the reality of actually reading it too much to bear. Maybe those that do finish can wear "I survived War and Peace" t shirts.
Rob
user 11363586
Killeen, TX
Post #: 34
I totally admit to wanting to read War and Peace- it's just that I would prefer all the blame-umm, credit- to go to you for suggesting it
A former member
Post #: 63
I'm sure several of us must have voted for it. We're all to blame. That mutiny idea sounds good NOW, doesn't it???
linda S.
user 8567609
Southlake, TX
Post #: 72
i do feel vindicated as there is plenty of blame/credit for choosing War and Peace. I am glad to see the rest of the book selections until June are of this century and some are modern classics but we have gotten away from the classics. i think the true test of the book was when i took it to work. 2 of my co-workers groaned" why would your book club read THAT?"
Damon
YellowJacket
Group Organizer
The Colony, TX
Post #: 191
When I was about a third of the way in it really started to pick up for me. I'm glad I've stuck with it.
Cathy
user 4712938
Irving, TX
Post #: 13
I am currently about a third of the way into it and it has just started picking up. I had to ask my kids for tips of how to get reading done that you don't want to do but have to anyway. They recommended Cliffs Notes, but I haven't resorted to that yet. We'll see how far I get by the 14th.