addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Novel Ideas Message Board › Food for Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil meetup

Food for Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil meetup

A former member
Post #: 379
Some of us will be bringing food for the "Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil" meetup. If you feel like bringing anything you are welcome to. It is not required and you're welcome to eat whether you bring anything or not.

If you are interested in bringing something, please post what you'll bring below so that we won't have duplicates.

See you soon!
Susan L
user 7183573
Group Organizer
Fort Worth, TX
Post #: 106
Are we bringing "food food" or just snacks/desserts? Or does it matter?
A former member
Post #: 381
Susan, it would be great to have "food food" as well but anything anyone wants to bring is fine.

It might be nice to have something holiday themed too so it seems like more than just a regular meetup with food. Maybe I'll take a shot at making or buying Christmas cookies.
Susan L
user 7183573
Group Organizer
Fort Worth, TX
Post #: 107
I'll give it some thought after I finish working on Thanksgiving dinner. smile (The leftovers will probably last until then). I have a lot of (purchased) German Christmas cookies that I can bring for sure, and I'll bring some sort of entree too. I'll post what I'm bringing when I figure it out. Given the book, it ought to be something like shrimp and grits! Maybe by the time I'm finished with it I'll be inspired. (The only things that say "Georgia" to me offhand are peaches and Varsity hot dogs.)
A former member
Post #: 127
will try for the homemade brittle and candy again this year. good intentions not always able to execute but will try. Any peanut or nut allergies in the book club?
Thuy P H.
user 11401515
Dallas, TX
Post #: 38
I am happy to bring anything, just let me know. Rice paper for sure! tongue
Kendra
user 11328019
Rowlett, TX
Post #: 66
Hi Linda - Absolutely no nut allergies here! Homemade brittle sounds awesome. (Whoops - thought it was Cathy doing the brittle before).

I was thinking of bringing cucumber sandwiches and a cheese torta w/ crackers.
A former member
Post #: 22
I'm bringing cookies also! Ranger cookies.
I'll bring some drink, paper/plastic cups, ice.
I bet alcohol is frowned on at the library,
I'll try to make it fruit punch or soda pop and or egg nog / milk.
Susan L
user 7183573
Group Organizer
Fort Worth, TX
Post #: 114
I will bring a (hot) pasta dish with a vegetarian sauce and something else (like meatballs or Italian sausage) for those who want to add in, in addition to the German cookies mentioned earlier. If I get really ambitious, I might bring a salad as well. And all the stuff needed to eat this (plates, silverware, bibs biggrin). I think I have enough of them that no one else will need to bring any.
Ron
user 15891141
Arlington, TX
Post #: 4
I'm 95% sure that I'll bring cupcakes.