Novel Ideas Message Board › Upcoming Novel Ideas book suggestions

Upcoming Novel Ideas book suggestions

A former member
I've added "In Pale Battalions" by Robert Goddard because it was on our list before but the meetup didn't happen. Some in the group have already read or purchased it.

After that, I'd like to start with a new list of books. If you have a suggestion for a book that you'd like the group to read, please send it to me or post it on the message board. In terms of order, I think the best approach is to give priority to those people that are actively attending meetups.

It might help if you mention the type of book (e.g. "historical fiction") so that we can make sure not to do two books in a row that are the same type. I'll keep track of that with the list.

It might also be a good idea if we have the group vote on whether they want to read each suggestion or not. It probably won't help us to have books recommended that half aren't going to bother with. It could be a silent vote.

We can talk more about the best way to go in the next meetup but there are a few quick suggestions.

Hope everyone is having a great week so far!
Vicki
vicki-jj
Fort Worth, TX
Post #: 15
I've been thinking about the voting idea. I leaned towards not, because sometimes it's good to stretch yourself and read something you wouldn't normally read. But the more I think about it, I agree that it's probably best not to have a book on the list that half aren't going to read. I like the silent vote idea. Looking forward to Sunday.
A former member
Post #: 114
I've added a few new meetings/books from the suggestions made yesterday.

For the voting, it sounds like we're all looking to read books outside of our usual choices and are open to about anything. So I guess if you see a book that is so unattractive to you that you know you won't read it or come to the meeting, just let me know. If we get too many of those comments about any one book, we'll discuss how to address it as a group.