OC Good Life Message Board › OC Good Life Code of Conduct

OC Good Life Code of Conduct

A former member
Post #: 7
One more question. A member took photos of me taken at Meetup and posted them on his Flicker account without my permission. In addition, he used tags for me that I didn't feel comfortable with (boobs, cleavage, couple, sexy) etc. I asked him to remove them and he has not. Where does OCGL "Code of Conduct" stand on that issue or should I contact Meetup directly?
Roberto
user 5267159
Corona del Mar, CA
Post #: 40
Melinda:

That issue sounds like something for organizer action, not for a message board posting. Although that does not fit any specific issue in the code of conduct, feel free to message me with whatever details including links are appropriate and it will be dealt with like all other issues are by organizer action if necessary. It sounds as though, if this is on an outside site, you may need to contact that other site for action as well.

For better or worse, anything posted on a public meetup group, like ours, are available for anyone to see. Although legally a photograph belongs to the photographer, if there is a photograph on our group website you want taken down, any organizer can assist you with that.
A former member
Post #: 8
Oh, my mistake. I thought that was what this discussion board was for.

The question isn't having a photograph I don't like removed. The question is can members take photographs taken a meetup and post them somewhere else on the web. If someone can do that, I think the members should know. The photographs I'm referring to weren't even taken by him but he posted them on his flicker account and he copyrighted them as his property. Not a lawyer but pretty sure that's illegal. Anyway, I thought this issue might be beyond the scope of the "code of conduct" which is why I took screen shots of the pics and the tags and reported it to Meetup Headquarters under a Member Abuse complaint after I posted my question on 11/29. Haven't received a response yet but when I do, I will email you their answer.

Thank you Roberto. Thank you very much.
A former member
Post #: 1
Thanks for the ad hope to meet interesting people
A former member
Post #: 3
Good code of conduct. There are time where I have been in groups wher polite behavior is forgotten. Usually if not dealt with the group suffers greatly. Thanks for trying to keep this from happening.
A former member
Post #: 1
People should just behave respectfully toward others, then we would not have any problems with the code of conduct. Isn't it the norm to work and live on this planet?
*Bella:-)**
user 4042846
Newport Beach, CA
Post #: 58
I find it perplexing why some members (not necessarily in OCGL) choose to use non-descript photos that don't identify who they are. This is not "myspace" or some junior half-a** site, I wish people would stop using photos of their pets, places, or useless highly pixelated photos.

Yes, thank you for the Code of Conduct. I wonder how many people will actually read it. I've skipped out of events (and have even left groups) because for some reason people insist on treating meetups and groups as singles groups to serve their personal needs.
I agree, they should be given a time limit to post photo and if they don't, delete their profile.
Carol
user 3550938
Irvine, CA
Post #: 4
Thanks for honor and respect what should be considered common sense and honesty. Im lookj Nguyen forward to events.
Carol
user 3550938
Irvine, CA
Post #: 5
Thanks for honor and respect what should be considered common sense and honesty. Im lookj Nguyen forward to events.
scarr
scarr
Huntington Beach, CA
Post #: 22
People that use non-descript photos are probably wary of ID theft. That's why I've been using scarr since the arpanet.