addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

OC WordPress Group Message Board Plugin Discussions › Testimonials plugin suggestions?

Testimonials plugin suggestions?

Stephen P. K.
skane
Irvine, CA
Post #: 2
Anyone have a favorite testimonials plugin(s)?

I've been using WP-Testimonials for the last couple of years and though it works great, the developer (Jodi Diehl) stated a while ago she was dropping support for it. (seems no one is getting carpal tunnel from the donate buttons)

And though WP-Testimonials continues to work great as of WP 3.1.3 (I haven't tested with MU), it lacks grouping capability. For example, where groups of testimonials can be assigned to specific pages or posts.

Jon B.
jb510
Haiku, HI
Post #: 5
I use TB Testimonials which is based on Custom Post Types... http://wordpress.org/...­

It has built in support for categories.
A former member
Post #: 1
Collision Testimonials is what I have used in the past. It allows you to have users submit testimonials from the site and then an admin must approve them before they appear on the site. Here is a working example:

http://missionbayrvre...­

Pretty simple and useful.
Stephen P. K.
skane
Irvine, CA
Post #: 3
Jon and Suzette, thanks for the great suggestions.

Suzette, thanks for recommending Collision Testimonials by Backend Labs and also including the link to the demo. Very helpful. Quickly, here's what I found:
-Last updated: 465 days ago (very inactive)
-Compatible w/ 3.1.3
-16,443 downloads
-4 star based on 20 ratings
-No broken/Works feedback listed

I like that Collision Testimonials supports testimonial submission with Admin approval. It's unclear to me whether Collision Testimonials is the same plugin as Bestimonials. I'm researching that and will report back. The extended write up on the Backend Labs site http://www.backendlab...­ says it (Bestimonials) supports categories, so maybe this will satisfy my immediate need to associate groups of testiminials with specifc pages and posts.

Jon, TB Testimonials sounds good on paper - I'll have to give it a try. Here's a recap of what I found:
-Last author update Dec 24, 2010 (fairly active)
-Compatible w/ 3.1.3
-5,017 downloads
-5 star based on 11 ratings
-No one says it's broken.

The plugin overview doesn't say if it supports grouping testimonials, so I'm guessing NO. On the plus side, it supports a shortcode for testimonial insertion anywhere.

I've installed LessThanWeb - Testimonials temporarily since it handles the grouping requirement on the current project. I might change that once I fully review the above suggestions. Some quick facts about LessThanWeb:
-Last author update 217 days ago (fairly inactive)
-Compatible up to 3.0.5 (installed fine and is working on my 3.1.3 site)
-6,527 downloads
-5 star based on 7 ratings
-No broken/Works feedback listed

The LessThanWeb plugin installed and set up without issue. If anyone wants to see the link, let me know. I'd post it, but it's on a pw protected development instance.

Thanks again!