I co-own a web design company and just moved here from Seattle a couple months ago. Now that I'm getting to know the area, we're looking to add some local part-time developer muscle. Here's the pitch:
We are looking for PHP help on a wide range of projects ranging from maintenance issues to new development.
We are a fast-paced start-up which is focused on bringing innovation to the world of real estate technology. We try to bring a level of design and functionality unlike anything else in the real estate industry. We consist of a small tight team of scrappy creative minds covering many disciplines and believe that the best products come from designers and developers working together. Our company is employee lifestyle focused, we are dedicated to making sure our team is happy and where we may be limited in budget we make up for in creating a flexible, fulfilling, and fun company to work for. Our main office is in Seattle.
Most of our work is behind the scenes, but a few public samples are:
Ultimately we are looking to add a permanent person to our dev team but because of our unique chemistry we would like to start off by working first on a part-time basis to make sure it is a good fit on both sides. Initially we are looking for someone to work roughly 30 hrs/week on basic PHP maintenance for a variety of clients as they get to learn our systems.
We should talk if you:
- Live in Orange County and could work with our lead developer in person a couple times a week, but work remotely the rest of the time (with Skype). Looking for about 30 hours a week.
- Have a solid working knowledge of PHP 5, OOP and MySQL. What you don't know, you're willing to learn.
- Are not afraid of getting to know a custom-built MVC framework
- Excellent communicator and take initiative when stuck
- Appreciate life over work
Big bonus points if you:
- Are familiar with the real estate industry, how it works and the technologies used
- Know Smarty templates
- Are familiar with Amazon AWS services
- Are familiar with WordPress and/or CodeIgniter
- Observe "International Talk Like a Pirate Day"
We aren't an Amazon or Google but we also offer things that they can't. Each person of our team has direct contact with the clients we are building for. The hierarchy is very flat giving you the most opportunity possible to progress and explore new ideas. Often times our whole team is working remotely yet communicating via video chat.
We have a large product launch of new technology we have developed that we are gearing up for as well.
If you're interested, please tell us a little bit about you and provide some personal code samples. Send an email to mike ~at~ mrtsystems.com. Thanks for reading and we look forward to talking to you!