Classic Meeting (of OC Android Developers)
“6:00pm-~9:30pm. ..Let's talk about Android! -problems you need solved, helping others solve their problems, making you friends, how it works & where it's going. 8 in avg attendance based on last 4 meetings” says our [masked] Meeting. We do dinner, news, presentation(s), jobs & technical issues, group planning, update member profiles, hackathon, & maybe club afterwards! --source
- Our 10th/[masked](Wed) Classic Meeting http://meetu.ps/lSsT: see that for what happened (click "read more" to get to the Live Meeting thread)
- Our 11th/[masked](Wed) Classic Meeting http://meetu.ps/yB6J:
- Member Jenny's presenting the Android game she just wrote -see that link. And congrats & thanks, Jenny!
- I will present the new free website I'm helping develop which will allow you easily & very-effectively make & share your thoughts & writings, pretty-much no matter what the topic.
- On Jan 31st, new member Brad announces he's well-into the online course "Developing Android Apps with Java" - hopefully he can present on that (Brad, RSVP on that on your thread).
- Please present something --just follow that link.
- New attendee welcome. We've got 3 new attendees!
Johanan of San Macros 92078&Irvine; RSVP: 1 YES; 0NO; joined 2011.01.01.
- Timothy S of West Covina; 1+ RSVP YES; joined[masked],26
- Sam H. of Tustin; 1+ RSVP YES; joined 2011.03.26.
- More Android in the news! -TBA
- And of course we'll do all the fun things of our usual classic meetings!
- In case our luck noiseless runs out, we still could use a soundproofing curtain; please suggest or bring something if you can.
- Now we've passed our 109th meeting (and established some good traditions), instead of calling our meetings "Regular" I'm renaming them "Classic" Meetings, spicing things up a bit! :-)
- As decided at our last meeting (see that Meeting thread), now we're going monthly giving us more prep time on presentations plus gather more attendees for everyone!
- [masked] I asked: Which day of the month? "2nd Wednesdays" is tentative. Post your vote.
- [masked]pst06: No votes cast, so I'm setting our next meeting on Wed 30th. This is good because:
- gives us another 15 days of advertising for this upcoming meeting which we really need (as Jenny's presenting, and me, too, and hopefully others, also, but there's only 2 RSVPs so far (for our date on the 16th, so now moved to the 30th).
- won't conflict with the OC-PHP meeting this month, but since that's 4th Wed and this is last Wed, it will next month and 2 of 3 future months, so we'd want to pick another date at this meeting.
- "LG4OWH: What are these codes as “LG4OWH” on this paragraph? They're short IDs to date-stamp & uniquely-reference most anything :-))" --Here (on Meetup event listings) I'm removing these IDs (at the start of each paragraph) as:
- Meetup software messes them up terribly (strips HTML anchors (their key point!), strips their superscript (making them big & ugly, especially in the narrow column Meetup provides)) and
- Meetup software also strips all CSS code which might fix this its screw-up (or at least fix the formatting, so the IDs wouldn't get so disformed & ugly)
- Here the IDs aren't essential and haven't been needed and just require explanation as people naturally wonder what they are.
- You can still get all benefit of these IDs on sites as upcoming http://JotHere.com where they are in full-use formatted-well.
- Looking forward to seeing everyone! See posts below and the live meeting thread TBA for latest updates & what happens.
- Our 12th Classic Meeting http://meetu.ps/Lv2z will not at but near[masked]; it will be similar, TBA!
To attend, you must read & follow Our standard Meeting Info -4X including the latest updates to this.