Post #: 144
This is on the topic of Distributing (non-public) files (as certain apps (as .apk) and presentations) for free to just members & attendees. This topic came up in Brook's post
Post #: 145
LBQLXN: If to the whole world, the owner can upload it to our files section
selecting "Only members of this Meetup group" selecting public.
LBQLXS: If just to members, the owner can upload it to our files section
selecting "Only members of this Meetup group".
LBQLY2: If to just attendees, this gets a bit tricky. Methods, from my current most-to-least preferred:
- LBQLY5: If possible, use the method "LBQLXS: If just to members" above. While this could in theory distribute it to anyone on the group (including anyone who joins the group, and joining is free), for small groups this probably won't be a problem and is simpler than the other methods.
- LBQLYA: Use "LBQLXS: If just to members" above but select for sharing "Only the leadership team" and ask the leaders (as me) to share it to just the attendees (which I will do as a Google doc, since I have got the membership list. This hopefully won't be too much trouble as we hopefully will soon be maintaining the membership list & attendee lists as a Google Contacts Groups.)
- LBQLYH: Hand out a physical medium (as a CD you've replicated) at the meetings.
- LBQLYM: Ask members to bring a flash drive which they lend the owner and he/she adds it there.
- LBQM4B: Ask attendees (and any interested folks) to buy the content. For Android apps, this can be done in Android Marketplace (on every Android) plus http://AndroidZoom.co... and http://AppBrain.com...
- LBQLYS: Ask members to give the owner his/her email and the owner emails members back -- as well as taking the owner some time plus probably putting sensitive content as an email attachment (where it could be forwarded), it is probably more complex (the owner doesn't already have the attendee list) and this is sharing the membership list contacts with potentially any content owner which I prefer not seeing.
Edited by User 1,895,099 on Nov 11, 2010 12:51 PM