Orange County's Android Community Group for Developers+Users Message Board (LBQGMR=_ OTHER Events+Sub-events+(Activities including presentations)) › OCAndroid's 16th General Meeting (formerly Classic Meeting(s))

OCAndroid's 16th General Meeting (formerly Classic Meeting(s))

A former member
Dear OCAndroid members,

RE: Our 16th General Meeting listing http://meetu.ps/3wCdS...­ (formerly called "Classic Meeting(s)"), in case you haven't seen that listing recently, from most to least important:

• I moved the meeting date from today's 6pm to a week from now (currently to 2011.09.21(Wed)) as a number of our members wanted also to attend our Verizon [Droid] Developer in Vegas which conflicted.
  • Because of our increasing RSVP YESes & attendees we are getting, our traditional venue Mobile Programming is now too small, so please post on the event listing alternative venues so we can accommodate everybody & eliminate the waiting list.
  • Please post on the venue listing topics you'd like to discuss-and-or-present.
  • If you RSVPed for this meeting but weren't asked the 7 private Qs (as if you RSVPed 2+ weeks ago -thanks), this is because of a Meetup bug which happened here (which dumps all Qs). If you haven't answered these Qs before in full, please redo your RSVP (select NO then YES) and answer them.
  • If you want a Chipotle­ burrito at the meeting, please post your order [on the event listing; CORRECTION: in your public RSVP comment]; I must have your order at least a few hours before the meeting start to insure you get your big burrito.
  • There are few other updates to the listing if you want to see them, but they are less urgent.

The more important of these updates were done as comments on the event listing so Meetup should have emailed them to you immediately & automatically (that is, if you RSVP'ed YES). If you didn't see/get these emails (which is recently a possibility with Meetup that new member Matt makes me aware of), or just as a good idea to make sure key emails as these are still coming to you, please take a moment to insure all your http://www.meetup.com/OCAndroid/settings­ are marked YES, especially certain ones --see more details on this Meetup maintenance need.

Thanks for being a member of OCAndroid!

PS: as every good group email should be, this email is filed in our Message Boards (specifically in our events forum) should you wish to comment on it.
A former member
Post #: 275
This is the day after the meeting, but for the record, I made many more updates to the meeting listing in
comments (see those) and
"Key listing history especially not covered by below event comments, in order:", notably from-to:

• "2011.08.10: initially updated "
  • 2011.09.14 -the date of the prior post
  • "2011.10.05(Wed)1624- complete & clearer update to the topics. "

I also made 2 significant emails to group, listed in events forum:
The meeting went very well. Actually one of the best we've had. More details soon.
Lucy P.
user 26563032
Laguna Hills, CA
Post #: 1
Great meeting! I took attendance and gave out name tags as people arrived. Here is:

Attendance in the order people sat, from front to last row, then from left-to-right facing front

• Row 1
  • Row 2
  • Row 3
  • Row 4
    • Bill Z., member, helped Lucy improve her video demo system by removing superfluous text on screen
    • Lucy, Event Organizer, already volunteered to be 1st leader of OCAndroid Bash for Users (described group plans), demonstrated her method for using a small camcorder to video phone and project to large screen for live demo
    • Thom, member, demonstrated his app for capturing and framing pet photos for Facebook plus using mostly HTML5 instead of Java/Objective-C for mobile apps, also volunteered to be 2nd leader for OCAndroid General Meeting and Hack Night
    • Michael C., regular SoCalAndroid Hack Night attendee, will join OCAndroid and volunteered to be 2nd leader of Hack Nights and sync its calendar with OCAndroid
Total of 14 attended; 28 members had RSVP'd "yes," so we had more "no-shows" than ever before, but this is probably explained by having to delay the meeting twice to find a larger and better venue and heavy rain that day, the first in the season. However, the members and guests who showed were enthusiastic, introduced themselves, and shared three professional demos -- and several volunteered for leadership positions. A successful meeting!
A former member
Post #: 276
Lucy publishes
Attendance in the order people sat, from front to last row, then from left-to-right facing front[, and with comments on what each attendee did]...
Wow, thanks, Lucy! Now THAT is some real cool attendance tracking, indeed just as I would picture & remember the meeting happening. smile I'm going to try to see all our leaders do that for all our meetings. Thank you!
A former member
Post #: 345
(LTSE2U= Regarding (2011.10.05(Wed): Our 16th General Meeting & Hack Night listing http://meetu.ps/3wCdS...­))