Orange, CAPost #: 354
LTYOSS=Was able to reach Tod (yeah!) be calling him. This is some of the stuff we agreed:
He will now read all the stuff he is to read in prep, listed on his greets (lots of reading, but relevant).
He will reply to the waiver applicant above.
After the 1st meeting we MAY change the waiver stuff allowing beginners with certain restrictions (as not to many Qs and have to do some job as attendance and/or pics).
He can make Wed meeting & will RSVP & follow-up on that.
For today, we will keep these next 2 meeting listings as IS and I will email them out.
He will not edit the listings yet and instead post comments on the thread, as that thread about this suggests (see Gen listing).
Tomorrow, as planned, I will work to factor out (so drastically shorten) the listing for this event.
Orange, CAPost #: 355
- (LU06TH=Well Tod said he would do all this (my prior post) and I hope he did something but presently I have no indication that Tod did anything and now I can't reach him and verify all is ok. I just sent him SMS
Me to Tod L.. ...-4124 - mobile and called him
11/1/11 3:18 PM 9 minutes ago
Me: Tod, 4 7pm mtg, I & Jeramiah were expecting posts fr u on http://1.JotHere.com/... [this thread] but I didn't see any fr u on http://Meetup.com/OCA... . What's up? 3:18 PM
Tod L. (949) -4124 - mobile)
11/1/11 3:22 PM 4 minutes ago 1 minute long
Got vmail. Got vmail. Essentially left msg of last SMS.
- (LU07AH= RE Jeremiah's "waiver" request. Since it's only 3 hours before the event and Tod hasn't replied to it as he said he would per my prior post, I will reply. Nice app. Based on your Jeremiah S's group profile saying that you're a strong coder and "I feel that I have a strong understanding of the Android platform and Activity life-cycle.", you can come to this 1st meeting and event leaders will review again for subsequent meetings. If you don't have a laptop, that's not great but probably okay as I understand this particular has a few spare computers set up for guests. Now please RSVP accordingly; hope to see you & 1st meet you.)
- (LU07FQ=I still want to update this listing (shorten) but I may not have time now given it looks like I'm filling in for Tod at least at the moment plus have to deal with members who have already RSVPed (what I did earlier today: as see Greet to Srinivasa, plus members waiting review & approval to join and perhaps also come to this, plus other stuff to get ready.)
Post #: 3
I apologize for not getting this post up till during the middle of the meeting, but I had responded directly to an email from Tod earlier today.
In any event, something came up at the last minute (just standard family stuff) so I wasn't able to attend. Since I'm still feeling out my experience, I've gone ahead and RSVP'd to the Beginner/Intermediate group on the 15th. I'm sure once I've made a few meetings I'll know where I fit in.
Post #: 1
(more additions by Destiny coming)Great meeting!
I took attendance and gave out name tags as people arrived. Here is:Attendance in the order people sat
, from front to last row, then from left-to-right facing front
- Row 1
- Destiny, Head of OCAndroid [and leading the OCAndroid (2nd) part of the meeting>was a leader of this meeting--Destiny]
- Tod, member [,[ gave presentation of his app FX File Explorer, volunteered to be one of the leader.>was a leader of this meeting.
(LU1QG3=After meeting, agreed to post to this thread general criteria for attendance plus the the proposal that the criteria not require a waiver in advance but rather the leaders could recommend/require attendees certain attendees not come if they weren't working out.)
(LU1QKD=Expecting to be doing more technical on meetup 1, was a little surprised & discouraged by the amount of administration we were doing in the beginning, as didn't like the attendance and promise-keeper jobs. Destiny replied that he was sorry to hear of his disappointment here but actually this administration would be expected in the beginnings of a sustaining, serious track and actually everything went remarkably well, including getting him a fellow-leader he wanted for this track.)
(LU1QLO=Even though he was a proven expert, said he wanted to also attend some of the beginner's meetings just to be helpful, apparently being inspired by all that was happening.)
- Row 2
- Hay N., member [>
(LU1QW2=Did a great job of giving out name tags & taking & here reporting attendance)
(LU1QY4=--Destiny]volunteered to be attendance taker of OCAndroid Beginner[>to-Intermediate--Destiny] Developers)
- Donna, member, [>was already --Destiny]volunteered to be 1st leader of OCAndroid Bash for Intermediate+Beginner Developers
- Rohit Nahar, member,
[>(LU1R14=--Destiny]signed up for 2nd leader of OCAndroid Beginner+Intermediate Developers[>)
(LU1R3M=Suggested these meetings have a topic/project to work on, volunteered to be the first and said he would post a thread on the topic (fragmented API) then post a comment to our next meeting linking to it.)--Destiny]
- Randy Sturgeon, member[>
(LU1RJ1=shared more more of himself, as about the phone has for development and the what he did at his college: teaching standard IT courses as algorithms & data structures.)
(LU1R8Z=shared that his running extra free Android workshops at his college has faded into non-existence as the attendance would drop each meeting as attendees saw the work and lost interest. Destiny replied that he could hold them here as part of a presentation/workshop of our Beginner-to-Intermediate Dev track. Randy didn't immediately jump at this offer (my guess is because he would like to be in change of everything but in this case he would instead have to be a team player) but he seemed a little tempted and said he would think about it.)
- Row 3
- Ken Chen, member, a beginning developer attending his 1st meeting[>
(LU1RMO=Volunteered to be a leader for our Java track.)--Destiny]
- James J., member, [>
(LU1ROR=--Destiny]volunteer for [2nd>a--Destiny lead position for Intermediate+Advance Android developer.[>)
(LU1RT1=Said he wanted a discussion forum for this track. Destiny said he was thinking about creating a forum for every track, and agreed.)
(LU1RUE=Concurred with Rohit's suggestion of a topic for a meeting. Suggested exploring a section of the Android advanced documentation at each meeting.)
Total attendance 8
Edited by DestinyArchitect on Nov 2, 2011 12:48 PM
Orange, CAPost #: 356
(LU1Q61= overall great meeting, due to a lot of great results. Key results were:
- (Hay volunteered to take attendance at (OCAndroid Beginner-to-Intermediate Developers' Meetup http://1.JotHere.com/...)
- (Rohit suggested and volunteered to post a project (on say Fragmented API) for the next version of this meeting)
- (Established the next meeting is 2nd Tuesday.)
- (Ken is to ba leader for the Java Mtg.)
- (James is to be a leader for (this track=Adv&Int. ))
- (Leaders of (this track=Adv+Int)) are not to be primary & secondary but unordered, requests present & new leader)
- (Rohit volunteers to be another leader for (OCAndroid Beginner-to-Intermediate Developers' Meetup http://1.JotHere.com/...)
(LU1Q89=Transferring these notes into Hay's post)
Edited by DestinyArchitect on Nov 11, 2011 7:09 PM
Orange, CAPost #: 357