Orange, CAPost #: 389
- (LVRJ2V= Historically, and currently as (3: 2011.11.30(Wed) http://meetu.ps/5gbXd..., (SoCalAndroid Hack Nights (as OCAndroid listing
http://1.JotHere.com/...) are "on most Wednesdays, as their welcome post and mailing list announcements detail", with the 1 key & tricky exception "( LTO4GA=For any Wednesday within 1 day of a (OCJUG meeting, which presently is the 2nd Thursday of the month), this doesn't take place as SoCalAndroid considers that too many Java-related meetings in one week.)")
- (LVRJC0=At the end of our last general meeting it was decided best combine not just our general meeting but our Developer meetings with Hack Nights, in order to combine resources. (This has worked well.))
- (LVRJHJ=And (at our 1st Beg-to-Int Mtg, users liked the meeting so well (due other factors, plus possibly this), users wanted the meeting weekly, though I agreed 2x mo, per post point LV3UVA.))
- (LVRJM5=But now it occurs to me that the combo would then mean then in total each month 4 OCAndroid meetings on SoCalAndroid Hack Nights (
1 General Mtg
2 Beg-to-Int Dev Mtg
1 Int-to-Adv Dev Mtg
) but there are for sure only 3 SoCalAndoid Hack Nights per month (not enough). And so which series would fill for the missing Hack Night? That's a problem, too, as where it falls varies as all the other series are on simple common repeats as "2nd Wed of the month".)
- (LVRJQI=So I ask we run Hack Nights on EVERY Wed, and where the exception LTO4GA would take place, OCAndroid leaders would cover it the usual leader (Jeffery Peacock) wasn't there to cover. This would solve the problem above plus make a simpler schedule for everyone.
(LVRJXW=And I would like to effect this immediately, or at least get the venue, as we need the venue in 2 days but presently "(LV4ZQ0=(4: 2011.12.07(Wed) http://meetu.ps/5KTpP...) Not happening due to OCJUG that week (per usual LTO4GA).") Thoughts? Agreed?)
- (LVRKRX=Posted a greet on the Venue POCs Dave F. & Michelle G. of
(LVRKVL=Starting this Wed if possible, http://Meetup.com/OCA... would like to use your fine venue Smart-Soft EVERY Wed 7pm-~9:30pm (for 1 of its mtgs, Developer else General else just Hack), combining with the SoCalAndroid Hack Night as before plus now potentially insuring Hack Nights also runs EVERY Wed,too. So kindy post ur reply ASAP on the discussion at http://Meetup.com/OCA... -Thanks!))
- (LVRKQD=On "Dec 5, 8:45 pm", emailed to SoCalAndroid an intro to this & link to this thread -see that link.)
Edited by DestinyArchitect on Dec 5, 2011 8:49 PM
Orange, CAPost #: 390
Date: Tue, Dec 6, 2011 at 10:50 AM
Subject: Re: DestinyArchitect Posted a Greeting on Your Profile!
To: Meetup <email@example.com>
Cc: Dave F.
As long as you've worked it out with Jeffrey, we[I & Dave]'re good with it!
- (LVT0VD=Happy Holidays to you, too, Michelle. And thanks for replying, and promptly!)
- (LVT0VY="we[I & Dave]'re good with it!" --great news.)
- (LVT1OK=Jeffery hasn't responded yet, and it would nice to wait for that (I have given it about 19hrs), but it best not wait it seems. OCAndroid doesn't have more time to wait as we need the venue for tomorrow. But the good news is we don't have to wait for Jeffrey's reply as:
(LVT1QM=SoCalAndroid announced repeatedly they aren't doing Hack Night then. Yes, SoCalAndroid has the room booked for all Wednesdays, but only since it's hard specify this exception LTO4GA (one reason I'm anxious not to have it) so regardless they're not using the room then. (For proof, see http://SoCalAndroid.O... saying "There is no meeting on the Wednesday that is adjacent (i.e., immediately precedes) to the 2nd Thusday of the month.".) Indeed (Jeffery just announced at last Hack Night they aren't having one tomorrow (so won't use the room), quoted on LVT2RL of this post.)
(LVT1WT=Moreover, OCAndroid running the Hack Night on those exception days seems it would only benefit SoCalAndroid (as Hack Nights EVERY Wed for no extra work).
(LVT1ZX=But if any of this out a problem with SoCalAndroid, then all OCAndroid will do is just hold a pure OCAndroid meeting on those Wednesdays when SoCalAndroid isn't doing their Hack Night, which is 1st what we need the venue for anyway, primarily why I am asking.)))
- (LVT2AX=So please just go ahead and reserve the room with whatever you do (on these exception Wednesdays LTO4GA, starting tomorrow), and either have someone there to keep it open for us or provide me (OCAndroid Head) the key, and simply post below what the result is. Thanks)
- (LVT11E=My greet to you & Dave concluded "So kindly post ur reply ASAP on the discussion http://meetup.com/OCA... " (this thread). So could you kindly then do that? --instead of emailing as you did instead, Else let us know why you couldn't?
So can you hopefully & simply just post your replies here direct? Else simply email me why not. Thanks!)
- (LVT12A=Trying to appreciate your situation, I know it's difficult for myself and most people to get out of the habit of emailing, but you are an OCAndroid member already so all you have to do is click on that URL and then click "reply" and type. (Indeed to make super-easy, as I do, just have your web browser remember your Meetup password --unless you are using a shared desktop account, which is problem & a security risk so hopefully that's not your normal situation for you, is it?))
- (LVT15P=Why the importance? Well especially in this case, several leaders are involved in this decision & change (including multiple OCAndroid leaders) plus OCAndroid & SoCalAndroid members are tuning in to this thread which covers the issue. Plus anyone posting (but me the Head!) shows the true underlying participation, which Meetup members look for & appreciates; seeing 1 person reply then gets much more. And OCAndroid's "Read more about us" (upper left) -> (communicate foremost by appropriate posting)LRBX9W has full reasons.)
- (LVT1DI=As otherwise I have to repeat your reply as a post here (as I've done above), of just you doing in directly (where it's immediate & straight from you and where you also edit & update it too!).)
- (LVT321=to notify Michelle, post a greet on her profile
Hi, Michelle http://Meetup.com/OCA... ! Thanks for ur reply today. For announcement of tomorrow 7pm, I await your reply POST to http://meetup.com/OCA... . Just post your reply there. Thanks!)
- (LVT3PP=Since I forgot to do earlier (but isn't urgent), notify all OCAndroid Hack Night leaders (currently just Sanjeev) of this thread, by posted greet
(LVT3Q9=Dear http://Meetup.com/OCA... leader of (Hack Nights http://1.JotHere.com/..., good news! It's looking like Android Hack Nights will now be happening EVERY Wed, not confusingly just "most". See the proposal & discussion at http://Meetup.com/OCA... and post a reply if you wish.))
Edited by DestinyArchitect on Dec 6, 2011 4:01 PM
Orange, CAPost #: 395