NOW 6pm-9:30pm in Irvine: 3 http://Meetup.com/OCA...
(LVV1SU=HAPPENING ~NOW to~9:30pm
* Pls come, esp existing&possible group leaders as we need u.
* BRING YOUR LAPTOP
* Will include GEN MTG #18 http://meetu.ps/4vv6F...
* Will include BEG-TO-INT DEVELOPER TRAINING #2 http://meetu.ps/5DtLz...
if we get enough RSVP YES for that.
* I'm bringing 1 large Roundtable King Arthur pizza + 2L sodas.
* U can arrive early starting now.
* Unable to announce this until now as I couldn't get confirmation on getting entry to the room until a few minutes ago.)
- 4 people here already (Bill Z. (1st here, says Dave F left with him in charge of the room), Kathryn F. and her companion, Murli Advani, & me arriving 6:15pm due to heavy traffic).
- An active Android discussion going on even before I got here.
- I and others set up the pizza & soda distribution.
- I have Katheryn make name tags for everyone as usual (on the back of my business card), and she does nice printing on the cards.
- Since everything's going fine, also invited SoCalAndroid.)
- You can add more items by adding lines that start with a
Edited by DestinyArchitect on Dec 8, 2011 1:32 PM
- "Moe" of SoCalAndroid showed up (a 5th person) and was pleased to see a meeting being held on this Wednesday. He said he had shown up for prior Weds of this day of the month and found the door closed. He only wished Jefferey were here. However he got some Qs answered, as
- Per the Beg-to-Int Dev Training, I got everyone to stand up and physically sorted them skill level and reseated them. 5 attendees+1 no-show, now sorted from lowest to highest in Android development skill,
-Now attendees are getting the Qs answered and working quite productively.
- me, a complete developer beginner, just at the IDE install phase.
- Moe of SoCalAndroid. He had installed the IDE and was working on downloading some demo source codes.
- (no-show) Pete -afterwards "Dec 08, 2011 11:22 AM" I posted a Greet on his profile letting him know.
- Bill Z., he was developing his first OCAndroid application, a new type of keyboard entry which replaced the current one on his phone.
- "Murli Advani" (guest of Katheryn. no Meetup profile; doesn't want to join). He said he knew more about programming than Katheryn and had worked with her to develop some apps, but less specifically about Android. Katheryn was talking to him in a tone somewhat like sweetly condescending; by their bickering & closeness, it seemed possible they were a couple.
- Kathryn F. She had developed and/or overseen the development of she said 15 applications on the Android Market.
- I was also SMSing Sanjeev trying to get answers et al from him. No luck, but I mentioned what we were doing:
but no reply.
Me to Sanjeev ... (XXX) XXX-3860 - mobile
12/7/11 7:56 PM 19 seconds ago
Me: Thx4 talking. ...We got 5 ppl here already&now running Beg-to-Int & cd really use ur help. ... 7:51 PM
- Meeting going well.
- (LVWFBH=At the time of this post, Moe had just left early. He didn't seem to want to say why.)
Edited by DestinyArchitect on Dec 8, 2011 11:30 AM
- (LVWEKF=a few minutes after the last item, I asked again for volunteers for leadership positions, in particular for Hack Nights (which now had no leaders). To my delight, Bill Z. and Katheryn volunteered! Indeed Bill Z. said he wanted to come to all Hack Nights; Katheryn said she'd come to some. I briefly verbally covered the particular details of the job. They agreed. I said I'd set them up.)
- (LVWFE6=Katheryn reminded me that she had volunteered before (to manage group contacts) at a Mobile Programming meeting earlier this year. I then remembered that. I explained that the guy who was keeping minutes never actually posted them so I wasn't exactly sure who commited to what. I also said that that contact job isn't ready as I'm still figuring out how to share Google Contacts: on my last experiment sharing OCAndroid members contacts with my mother as a test, she didn't know what they were on her phone so deleted them all! (and I had to reenter them), so it didn't pass "the mom test". She understood, & was amused.)
- (LVWEOL=At about 9:00pm, attendees were a bit tired so we closed up shop early.
(This was a small meeting, probably 1st due to that I couldn't email it out until just 2 hours before as I I couldn't get confirmation of entry into the room until then, and 2nd the holidays.)
(It was a good meeting. Everyone who came enjoyed it. Indeed so much that OCAndroid got 2 more leader volunteers!))
- (LVWEQZ=Then Bill & I decided to leave to the nearby Panera Bread, dirs. There
- (LVWF3G=I "chased after" a few pretty gals (LVWEYG=a thin, so-so face but well=dressed Korean web designer, Jennifer in Irvine, but it turned out she had a serious Korean BF) (LVWEYO=a worker there, Cyne(sp?), an med-heavy build American Indian woman, with huge bust, 20s, studying Casino Management and planning to help in the family business at Pachanga, but she also had a BF and may be a bit big for me).
- (LVWF1U=Then Bill Z & I talked about him.
(He was from Illinois, graduated from Urbana-Champagne, and came out to California where he stays with his disabled cousin, helping his cousin and pursing a career in film: he wants to be a director and plans to start taking classes at probably Orange Coast College.)
(we mostly talked about catching gals. He seemed to say he had virtually no dating experience at all other than a free Match.com profile (unsual for his age) because he was a nerd, so I wasn't how to advise him on specifics other than to get started because it's harder than any computers, and I gave him lots of advise on that.)
- (When the place closed, we went home.)
Edited by DestinyArchitect on Dec 8, 2011 11:38 AM