Post #: 400
(LT6THR THIS THREAD=(LW5VC7=
((SoCalAndroid Hack Night OCAndroid listing 5)
(LSZTHR=discussion thread of All Additional Aspects, from-conception-to-legend, in that order))
(LT6POS THIS POST=(LW5VGS=_ initial history 1). Happenings from-conception-onward:
- (LW5NTD=Create http://stashit88.drea... for routinely editing the event listing description)
- (Start editing listing at (quote=(LT2MOD last mod=2011.12.05(Mon)pst2121)(LT2VER version=1.3)(LT2STA=1st officially emailed out 2011.11.16pst1753; please RSVP & comment))
- (create this thread)
(fr=(LTNLDS Event Leaders from our group= (LTNLD1 Leader #1=(LTNNOM=Open! Nominate Yourself or Someone by saying so in the event listing's comments.))(LTNLD2 Leader #2=(LTO6MF=OCAndroid incoming-leader Sanjeev of Corona; joined 20100326;2nd ldr for 2 tracks --per 16th Gen Mtg post.))))
(to=(LTNLDS Latest Event (Host+Leader)s from our group OCAndroid=
(LTNLD1= http://www.meetup.com... of Orange; joined 2011.08.10; 7+RSVPs,5+attend; a Hack Night ldr --per LVWEKF of this last mtg post.))(LTNLD2= (LW5YIG= Kathryn F of Tustin; joined 2011.07.01;6+RSVPs,6+attend;a Hack Night Ldr --per LVWEKF of this last mtg post.)))
(to=(LTO4DX=MEETING DATE EXCEPTIONS that can't be automated on Meetup.com: (LTO4A3=For some of the SoCalAndroid Hack Nights, OCAndroid leaders schedule an official OCAndroid event at that same time & place
(LUPO1E=to combine resources, including the leader of SoCalAndroid Hack Night who is the Android Development instructor at UCI Extension.)
(LUPO6P=In these cases, attending the official OCAndroid event always implies attending that SoCalAndroid Hack Night (at the same time & place)
(LUPO1Q=so if you RSVP YES for the official OCAndroid event, you should not RSVP for that SoCalAndroid Hack Night to avoid duplication else apparent-conflict.)
(LUPO1Q=so, before you RSVP for any SoCalAndroid Hack Night, first RSVP for any official OCAndroid event at the same time & place.) .
)(LTO4GA=For any Wednesday within 1 day of a (OCJUG meeting, which presently is the 2nd Thursday of the month), SoCalAndroid's leader (Jeffery Peacock) is generally doesn't come (as he says that's too many Java-related meetings for him in one week) and he doesn't find a replacement, so with no one to lead this, this wasn't happening then --until override.
(LW5ZZ4=So per override, OCAndroid has (its event leaders for this, below) run this, insuring an Orange County Android Hack Night for the community on every Wednesday virtually without exception.)
(LW62E5=includes offering a meal for effectively every attendee per LU1W8A of this post; example: as done on 1st one.)))(LTO4S9=Additional exceptions are rare & will be posted on the SoCalAndroid mailing list
(LW60JR=However, so attendees won't be troubled, (OCAndroid event leaders for this, below) will try to correct & fill-in for SoCalAndroid exceptions, and where they can't, they will say so & echo the exception on the OCAndroid listing.))(LTO5TL=SoCalAndroid officially announces each occurrence on the SoCalAndroid mailing list
(LTO5VT=From the recent 2 I've seen (this=the official announcement) doesn't generally happen until only about 6 hours before the event, perhaps because the schedule doesn't seem to change.))))
- (LW647S=change, correcting & adding links
(to=(LTOOCC Occurrences in order, 3-or-more in a row, starting ideally at the last to take place= (LTO5IZ=none before)(LT0DIS=Discussion thread of All Additional Aspects for 1 to (3=next thread). )(LTO5IC=(1: 2011.11.16(Wed) http://meetu.ps/?????...)
Source email announcement; took place with Beg-to-Int Dev Meetup per this result post.)(LTO5NX=(2: 2011.11.23(Wed) http://meetu.ps/?????...
-NOT HAPPENING THIS WEEK due to Thanksgiving Holiday, per LV3W7J of last Hack Night post. RSVP for upcoming weeks & have a Happy Thanksgiving!)(LTO5RZ=(3: 2011.11.30(Wed) http://meetu.ps/5FcpR...)
Source email announcement. Discussion start. )(LV4ZQ0=(4: 2011.12.07(Wed) http://meetu.ps/5RKfd...)
Originally not happening (due to usual LTO4GA: OCJUG that week), BUT DID HAPPEN 1st time due to override:
shared discussion thread.)(LV4ZQ0=(5: 2011.12.14(Wed) http://meetu.ps/63qll...
Source email announcement TBA. Discussion thread.)(LW63DK=(6: 2011.12.21(Wed) http://meetu.ps/64hzF...
Source email announcement TBA. Discussion thread TBA.)(LW63MZ=(7: 2011.12.28(Wed) http://meetu.ps/64hQl...
Source email announcement TBA. Discussion thread TBA.)(LW63S7=(8: 2012.01.04(Wed) http://meetu.ps/64hV0...
Source email announcement TBA. Discussion thread TBA.))))
- (LW64DE=Change title
(fr=SoCalAndroid Hack Night's OCAndroid listing 4+)
(to=SoCalAndroid Hack Night via OCAndroid 5+)
(as=new phrasing truthfully indicates OCAndroid is providing more than a listing))
- (LW64J3=Turn "Member reminders" on)
- (Set status to (quote=(LT2MOD last mod=2011.12.13(Tue)pst1641)(LT2VER version=2.0)
(LT2STA=1st officially emailed out 2011.11.16pst1753; please RSVP & comment
- (LW65FX=Post a Great on each of the new 2 incoming event leaders Bill & Katheryn above of example
Kathryn http://meetup.com/OCA... ,(LW659S=Thx tremendously 4 (u becoming a leader+host 4 OCAndroid Hack Nights per http://meetup.com/OCA... pt LVWEKF)!
In prep 4ur 1st mtg 2morrow, pls now:
*Read listing of ur mtg http://meetu.ps/63qll... and insure u've RSVP to that +the next 2 or more
*Post ur reply on http://1.JotHere.com/...
-quite lkg fwd2that &seeing u&ur new partner leader there!)
- (MAY continue)
Edited by User 1,895,099 on Dec 16, 2011 11:39 AM
Post #: 402
(LW6DRN=updates to listing
- (LW6DTB=SMSed event leaders, here's a snapshot:
Me to William "Bill" ... (XXX) XXX-4805 - mobile
12/13/11 6:41 PM 80 minutes ago
Me: Bill http://Meetup.com/OCA... ,did u get emailed my Greet re ur mtg 2morrow? When can u do its ~15min of1x prep work? I about2email it out. 6:41 PM
Me to Kathryn (XXX) XXX-8647 - mobile
12/13/11 7:02 PM 59 minutes ago
Me: Kat http://meetup.com/OCA... ,did u get emailed my Greet re ur mtg 2morrow? When can u do its ~15min of1x prep work? I about2email it out. 6:42 PM
Kathryn K Free: I will go through everything in the morning 6:58 PM
Me: Great. 2announce listing,I can only wait~1more hr,but at if u any changes, as usu, post on the event's discussion thread &I can update. I awaiting Bill reply. 7:02 PM
- (LW6E15=Not hearing back from Bill, announce (email-out) listing with additional text
* this is the 1st Hack Night to feature our 2 new OCAndroid leaders for Hack Nights: Bill Z. http://Meetup.com/OCA... and Kathryn F. http://meetup.com/OCA... --tremendous thanks for doing this and being there for us!
* This Hack Night should also feature (in the same room) the OCAndroid Int-to-Adv Developers Meeting 2 http://meetu.ps/5g9Kx... , led by James and featuring a presentation by leader Donna of her new app in the AppStore -see my COMMENTS on that listing and RSVP for that, too!
Post #: 408
(LWBARD=During the meeting
- (LWBB2X=Kathryn did the attendance for the total room, of all meetings.)
- (LWBASU=Both incoming event hosts were at the meeting & cooperative & in good spirits.)
- (LWBARR=the incoming event hosts completed (their startup instructions LW65FX of this post)
(LWBB13=including both making their compliance post on http://1.JotHere.com/... Bill's and Kathryn's))
- (LWBB24=Destiny brought the drinks & utensils, but the goal is for the normal event hosts to do the food. SO Bill brought the pizza. And Kathryn agreed for next time to bring all the food, and plans to bring something different than pizza.)
- (more details coming)
Edited by User 1,895,099 on Dec 16, 2011 3:17 PM