Orange, CAPost #: 425
This thread: per LSZTHR=(Meetup event listing’s )discussion thread of All Additional Aspects, from-conception-to-legend, in that order, this is that
for SCALE10x [2012.01.20-22] _ Meetup.com groups' visit
in particular the visit by us=OCAndroid
, including all our 3 (Meetups=event listings) for it (1 for each day).LWXY4K=Initial history to present
- LWXY5B=This conference promises to be blast!
- LX22EP=I first heard about this & attended last time
- LX5JQ4=when I was kindly invited by now-member William E., who also Heads OC-PHP and had gotten a booth for his group there. I quite appreciate his inviting me but I recall he only let me know about a week before (probably figuring I already knew about it, as it's pretty famous; but I'm just recently getting out of Microsoft dev and into open source). Still,
- LX5JRI=I rush-made for that last time, OCAndroid event listings; indeed so all the many Meetup event listings of this wouldn't have to repeat text, I created (SCALE9=Southern CAlifornia Linux Expo 9th annual) _ listing with extensive details. And
- LX5JS0=even though I actually only caught the last 4 hours, the conference was great, definitely worth going! (Indeed it was big enough there were even good looking woman there! --a rare thing in coding. Indeed I fondly remember an attractive git+Python coder flirting with me a bit, and even though her boyfriend (who was also a coder -she had met him at the annual Python convention) was standing by! Plus there was plenty of interesting technical talk & people.)
- LX5JT1=I expect this year to be even better.
- LWXXZ3=About a month ago, William kindly offered via me that our group share a booth with his groups (OC-PHP & OC Drupal), and I agreed!
- LX1U98=Now I'm processing his recent email.
(LX1UAW=I _ converted & moved our conversation from private-messages to post(s) http://1.JotHere.com/... per the rules of our group & more on why & how detailed there; implied by that, next time, please foremost post instead emailing. Thanks!)
On Wed, Dec 28, 2011 at 10:15 AM, William E. <will.. @ocphp.org> emailed me: (I added hyperlinks.)
Still interested in SCALE? Just got word OCPHP/OC DRUPAL got a booth. As mentioned, open to having OC Android part of the booth if you want. I can only do a Saturday so definitely open to your [and hopefully other members' ]help as booth is both Saturday and Sunday. I mentioned bringing OC iOS but briefly mentioned to Linus and I just didn't get the vibe he was interested.
Let me know thoughts and I can fill you on details.
- LX22NH=by copying 2011.02.27(Sun): SCALE9 (9th Annual Southern CAlifornia Linux Expo) Day 3 of 3, I create Day 1.
- LX392O=factor out the would-repeat text of that to create SCALE10x _ Meetup.com groups' visit.
- LX3945=Copy status features of that into Day 1, creating version=2.0.
- LX39PF=Copy that to create Day 2.
LX3APC=Cut the say hour range as "LX23FY=Hours 0900-2100" as that's now included in SCALE10x _ Meetup.com groups' visit column LX39T4. Propagated this change back to Day 1.
- LX3B3W=created lastMod_version_status and per that updated Day 2 & Day 1.
- LX3ES9=Copied Day 1 to create Day 3.
- LX3FIW=update event listing name form
(fr=(SCALE10x=Southern CAlifornia Linux Expo, 10th Annual) Day 3 of 3 via OCAndroid))
(to=(SCALE=annual Southern CAlifornia Linux Expo) Day 1of3 via OCAndroid 10=SCALE10x))
matching calendar recurrence.
- LX3GAQ=change event listing from
(to=via OCAndroid:(SCALE=annual Southern CAlifornia Linux Expo) Day 3of3 10=SCALE10x).
- LX3GYD=Make sure all 3 listings are updated & look good.
Edited by DestinyArchitect on Jan 1, 2012 8:01 PM
Orange, CAPost #: 426
work on (this=SCALE10x _ Meetup.com groups' visit
incl various listings)
- LX4TOU=Update our (3) event listings to have status
(fr=not yet Announce-emailed)
(to=not yet Announce-emailed but please now comment & RSVP!)
(so=readers won't think that because it's not announced that they shouldn't read, comment,&RSVP)
- LX4TWL=On Day 1, changed
(fr=LX23II=Last time=2011.02.25(Fri): SCALE9 (9th Annual Southern CAlifornia Linux Expo) Day 1 of 3: not listed on OCAndroid)
(to=LX23II=Last time=2011.02.25(Fri): [via OCAndroid: ]SCALE9 (9th Annual Southern CAlifornia Linux Expo) Day 1 of 3: not listed, but listed Day2&3!)
- (LX4UA2=Update our (3) event listings
(fr "Read SCALE10x _ Meetup.com groups' visit!" in normal font to 18pt)
(so this will be noticed))
- LX5KJW=reply to William,
- LX5KKT=Yep, if said I'll do it (and we did it last year), I'll definitely do it! And with gusto -- see above! Though,
- LX5KLQ=Thx 4reminding me (&in good time), cause,yes, otherwise I wd prob not get started in good time. But now fr that I've got the event listings up more than 2 weeks in adv -yeah!
- LX5KOU=Sure, we'll get the booth staffed. You see above (in the main post SCALE10x _ Meetup.com groups' visit) I'm already advertising for that. It seems first, though, we've got to get people RSVPing YES so we can select among them, what I aim for here.
- LX5NVV=Since you are a member, I'm RSVPing you YES for Day2 & Day3. Please complete your RSVP comments per next:
- LX5KSI=As SCALE10x _ Meetup.com groups' visit directs members to do, I've already posted my hour range, plus one big event on Friday, in my RSVP comments, and as soon as I figure out what conference events I'm going to, I'll post as well. With this info, we-or-you can figure out & assign who can staff the booth when!
- LX5O2M=As SCALE10x _ Meetup.com groups' visit directs, please post the conference on all the groups you think it would be of interest to. Having worked hard on this template, I'm looking forward to seeing this!
- LX5O4N=Post! --here and on SCALE10x _ Meetup.com groups' visit. No more email & private messaging unless truly unavoidable. --As the link of my 1st post (where I converted your email) explains in detail. Thanks!
- LX5O96=Hope you enjoy this work I've done for you & everyone, to make publicizing this event quite easy, grass-roots, transparent, & well-organized.
- LX5YDY=To alert, plan to posted Greet
OCAndroid Leader Bill http://meetup.com/OCA...
@OCAndroid Hack Night 7 http://meetu.ps/64hQl... we talked on how improve OCAndroid event listings -&I like ur concern here(incl u doin right: proposing rewrites,as u did 4that). Well I ran by u some changes I been thinking&u agreed,so I said I wd start em,&I have: Read over our 3 SCALE10x listings as http://meetu.ps/6lpws... (also RSVP 4em) then post ur thoughts on its discussion thread,esp on pt LX5VPP on this topic! &Happy New Year!
- LX5Z4B=To alert plan to post Greet
OC-PHP head William http://meetup.com/oc-...
Thx4 reminding me,&delightfully 3wks in adv, 4 ur&our plans 2do a booth@upcoming SCALE10x -that we also sd promote! Well I worked ~2days on a answer(4u,+for OCAndroid's other ~7 ldrs,+other Meetup grps): event listings&more now awaits ur reply (POSTS not email)on the new discussion 4this http://meetup.com/OCA... incl full reply 2ur Qs @pt LX5KJW. Hope u like! Lkg fwd 2ur reply posts. &Happy New Year!
Edited by DestinyArchitect on Jan 2, 2012 2:44 AM
Post #: 117
Wooahh, I feel dizzy after reading all the info ... JK :) Cool you put all this together and spent your valuable time for your group.
For those interested, Basically OCPHP/OC Drupal has a booth at this fantastic event called SCALE. Those not familiar, it is a convention of all things open source that keeps growing in size every year. As we are jointly doing it with OCAndroid this year, we are looking for volunteers. We do have a very limited number of full access passes to give out to those who help out (a $60 value).
The purpose of the volunteers would be to stand at the table specific scheduled hours either Sat or Sun and answer any questions pertaining to the groups or topics. The purpose of having a booth is to gain exposure for the groups, answer questions to the specific technology, and to have fun. You are free to watch any presentations or walk the exhibition hall when you are not volunteered to be at the booth. It can be fun.
If you are interested in helping out, as Michael mentioned, please RSVP at http://www.meetup.com...
per your group's guidelines. This will help us see who is interested and then we can divy up the hours. If you have any questions please contact your group organizer Michael or myself at william.estrada at ocphp.org.
Post #: 118
[LXPIE5=I Destiny say: so all relevant communications are properly posted, I chronologically-insert email and added missing links
From: William E.. <william.e.. @ocphp.org>
Date: Mon, Jan 9, 2012 at 3:56 PM
Subject: Re: SCALE
To: "DestinyArchitect http://Meetup.com/mem... <LDD.. @loverules.info>
Any news of interest? Doesn't seem to be much activity on that thread. Just announced through OCPHP and OC Drupal. Will you be able to provide any funds for the banner? Would need to print before end of next week to avoid any rush charges.
[More talk on a different topic: Destiny's email address]
Whats your groups status for SCALE? Need to organize this things people wise and whether you'll be pitching in for banner. Emailed but waiting reply. Thanks.
Edited by DestinyArchitect on Jan 13, 2012 12:22 PM
Orange, CAPost #: 431
LXPIDT=(REPLACED BY MY NEXT POST as it explains, as this is AN INTERMEDIATE DRAFT)
([last "Edited by DestinyArchitect on Jan 12, 2012 3:09 PM"; WAS ]actively constructing) William,
- Sorry not to get back to you sooner. I am pulled thin as OCAndroid runs events every week including 3 this week, plus JotHere needs a lot of updates as far as key aesthetics. Plus I'm weak in practice as far as estimating & keeping-track-of time & doing many things at once, so your reminders to me are actually helpful.
- your prior prior
- RE: "Wooahh, I feel dizzy after reading all the info ... JK :)" --Yes, while it seems simple, there is a lot of info to cover which I've worked to make concise as possible & with most urgent stuff first. But if you have things to rearrange or cut (other than changes such as hiding IDs which are planned), please post it here or on the JotHere post.
- "Cool you put all this together and spent your valuable time for your group. " -Thank you! :-) And it's not just for OCAndroid, but for all our Meetup groups going to SCALE, plus pioneering a new event listing format which could be used for any Meetup group.
- RE: ("For those interested,...ocphp.org"=the rest of the post)
- I will soon incorporate the new info from here into the the JotHere post. Status: TBA
- "a $60 value" -- https://reg.socallinu... says "Full Access Pass $70.00" so I will use this #.
- "either Sat or Sun" -OK, so I will add "No booths on Friday".
- "please RSVP at http://www.meetup.com.... per your group's guidelines" --thanks for noting this. You would write "per OUR group's guidelines" as u're a member, too, though it certainly would be good if you came to at least 1 of our events!
- "If you have any questions please contact your group organizer Michael or myself at william.estrada at ocphp.org." --this should be "If you have Qs, please post them in the appropriate spot" (on the JotHere post or here or on the event listings.
- RE your 1st prior post
- TO BE CONTINUED
Edited by DestinyArchitect on Jan 12, 2012 5:09 PM
Post #: 119
Ok. Great you are busy. I run 3 user groups, have a family and daughter, a full time job, and errands to run -- thin here to but I manage. I don't have much time to spend on such detail of event on JotHere post you listed so rather just respond here and keep things simple. There is not much to it actually and no need for over complication. Things I actually NEED to know within a day:
- What days do you plan on volunteering SCALE? I am unsure we will have anyone for Sunday again.
- Any financial pitch in for the banner? Otherwise I will just stick with the previous year banner which unfortunately OCAndroid is not on.
- Who from OCAndroid is volunteering? Anyone?
Due to communication delays, the banner will cost approx $65. A 3 day rush will have to be purchased - a $20 fee including shipping. I have a Google Doc sending those who responded
to myself tomorrow[ (LXXNCC=
Adds Destiny: Yes, I posted the details you emailed me of this spreadsheet so can now here add this link to it; next time, kindly just self-
post stuff like this on JotHere, as a comment or new post.)]. Send me an email that I can use to include yourself.
Edited by DestinyArchitect on Jan 17, 2012 12:00 AM
Orange, CAPost #: 432
LXPP9D=(THIS POST COMPLETED
; took a while due obligations as this eve's OCAndroid event
plus especially the amount of stuff to respond to & address.) Dear William
- LXR4NJ=PREFACE: Truly Sorry not to get back go you sooner detailed in my point LXPMJ9 below --as I was saying for you before you interrupted with your prior post
LXPPB7=And now with the interruption, This post replaces my prior post LXPIDT, instead of just updating it as now it had to be saved for proper context since, kind of like interrupting someone just as s/he is answering your question, even though I just posted starting with the words "actively constructing" and ending "TO BE CONTINUED", you substantively replied to my unfinished text (with "Ok. Great you are busy. I run 3 user groups, have a family and daughter, a full time job, and errands to run..."), --something I found frustrating & discouraging, plus un-empathetic on a sensitive matter for me, and when I hadn't finished explaining why I'm having these woes so perhaps causing you to mis-treat my words as if they some common & insincere excuse.
LXPPFU=A guideline to be properly published: Meetup has no way to save a post draft so, in this case and others, the reader has been given the special respect to see a draft in advance; so before carefully-reading & substantively-replying, just as one would wait in-person for another person to finish talking before s/he replied, please WAIT until the words "constructing" or "under construction" are removed from the post or it's already been some reasonable period (as ~24hrs) with no explaining updates.
LXR4QP=I try to put myself in your shoes. I know it's often hard to transition from communicating via email to via posting, perhaps especially given it appears you haven't had to bother with it, as you say you have contented yourself with running a benevolent monarchy groups and NOT having important activities have multi-leaders but instead just 1 (you), as you say you've also contented yourself with not trying to have other people work with you on leading Meetup group activities. But, as incredibly tough as I find it, too, I have not contented myself with solo-leader standards and it's not the sort of group I ever designed & made OCAndroid to be. And indeed since October OCAndroid has had multiple & increasing leaders as our new "read more about us" pictures, and, yes, even though we are not paid for our community groups. I sense you are trying to understand this and hope will increasingly make it a part of you.
- LXR5I1=I want to thank you for posting here instead of private-messaging! --indeed not quite 100% but 3 out of 4! I realize this is a big change for you and I appreciate that.
- LXPMJ9=I'm truly sorry not to get back to you sooner.
- LXPMPH=I am pulled thin as http://Meetup.com/OCA... runs events every week including 3 this week, plus http://JotHere.com... needs a lot of updates as far as key aesthetics.
LXPMQ5=Per group- & good-standard, I post most everything I do; so just see sites' home pages to see what I & they have been up to.
- LXPMQY=Making getting #1 done #1 much worse, as my main Meetup profile bio announces to the world, I "hv trouble w/ time&mbr2care4self", so I'm weak in practice as far as estimating & keeping-track-of time & doing many things at once, so this slows me down considerably in terms of getting done now what needs to be done now, so your short reminders to me are actually quite helpful (except when containing content which would need posting).
- LXPMJI=RE your prior prior prior post "Jan 6, 2012 11:25 AM"
- LXPMJW=RE "Wooahh, I feel dizzy after reading all the info ... JK :)"
LXR53G=--It may be largely just the displayed IDs which I'm working actively to send to the background as that says; I'm finding coders have more difficulty tuning them out than ordinary people -something I didn't expect but found explanation.
LXR54I= --Yes, while it seems simple, there is a lot of info to cover which I've worked to make concise as possible & with most urgent stuff first. But if you have things to rearrange or cut (other than changes already planned), please post on the JotHere post else here.
- LXPMKE="Cool you put all this together and spent your valuable time for your group. " -Thank you! :-) And it's not just for OCAndroid, but for all our Meetup groups going to SCALE, plus pioneering a new event listing format which could be used for any Meetup group.
- LXPMKR=RE: ("For those interested,...ocphp.org"=the rest of the post)
- LXPMKZ=I will soon incorporate the new info from here into the the JotHere post. Status:
LXXGUP=2012.01.16=all done! See new quotes of you I added to 1.JotHere.com/631#LX24VH .
- LXPML6="a $60 value" -- https://reg.socallinu... says "Full Access Pass $70.00" so I will use this #.
- LXPMLE="either Sat or Sun" -OK, added effectively "No booths on Friday":
LXXIU8=Indeed I confirmed that from & cited http://socallinuxexpo...
- LXPMLN="please RSVP at http://www.meetup.com.... per your group's guidelines" --thanks for noting this. You would write "per OUR group's guidelines" as u're a member, too, though it certainly would be good if you came to at least 1 of our events!
- LXPMLW="If you have any questions please contact your group organizer Michael or myself at william.estrada at ocphp.org."
LXR58B--this should be "If you have Qs, please post them in the appropriate spot" (on the JotHere post or here or on the event listings. --since this is joint project, it is important that this is done via posts-not-private messages (as email) so all can stay in sync.
LXR58H--And though I know it's hard habit to break, I also encourage you to asking for & expect posts and not private-messaging (as email) , for reasons I explain to you & everyone at LXR4QP above and many other places.
- I add u as event host all 3 OCAndroid event listings, so you will get notified of all our RSVPs (but please don't edit the descriptions), as comments there explain
- LXR6L1=my next post responds to your next post, as there is no more space in this post.
Edited by DestinyArchitect on Jan 16, 2012 10:37 PM
Orange, CAPost #: 433
LXR6P4=(ACTIVELY CONSTRUCTING (so DO NOT SUBSTANTIVELY-REPLY YET!)
(Continued from my prior post LXPP9D since that ran out of character space)
- RE your prior prior post "Jan 11, 2012 8:24 AM"
- LXR6Y7="Any news of interest? Doesn't seem to be much activity on that thread."
LXR6XN=If there was news, it would be posted (else should be), and since no posts, then no news.
LXR6YN=And the reason not much activity is that the listing isn't emailed out: see next point.
- LXPN2Z=RE "Whats your groups status for SCALE?".
Like most everything else, it's always posted: see the 1st event listing: "status=pst2011.01.03We1248 4.0 not yet Announce-Emailed but please now comment & RSVP!" By the date, this has not changed since my (last=Jan 1) post here. The reason is per my 1st point LXPMJ9. But you are right, I need to focus back on it as there is only 7 days before this event. So I will work to get the announcements out in the next 24 hrs, which still means more cleanup on JotHere, but focused on just that.
- RE your prior post "Jan 11, 2012 8:24 AM"
- LXR7B8=RE: "Just announced through OCPHP and OC Drupal." -- same as
LXR7D6=(My reply for your announcement of this here LXPMKR) applies again. See that. Especially points LXPMKZ & LXPMLW.
LXXLFP=I see you added " if you want to showcase something"; I've added this to http://1.JotHere.com/...
LXXLJN=I see you added "committing to a few hours". I've cited this to the next point:
LXXLL4=Missing from your details is how much a person needs to volunteer in order to qualify for the free full pass. So I've developed & spelled out fairly exact rule and posted it at http://1.jothere.com/... -comment there else here.
LXXLNS=It would certainly help if you were updating our post http://1.jothere.com/... yourself (it can be edited as a wiki) rather than me having to scan every repeat announcement you make for new details and changes since the last one (and ignoring all the repeat) then incorporate that. More reason for u to kindly register for http://1.JotHere.com... .
- LXR7OE=RE "Will you be able to provide any funds for the banner? Would need to print before end of next week to avoid any rush charges. " and later "whether you'll be pitching in for banner" and later "Any financial pitch in for the banner? Otherwise I will just stick with the previous year banner which unfortunately OCAndroid is not on."
- LXR7P6=Until now, I wasn't aware of any banners needed, having not done a booth before, but of course it makes sense for a booth.
- LXR7QF=Since you want commitment & money for it, what exactly did you have in mind for a banner for us? What exactly would it say & look? How big, in terms of feet & spanning the booth? What do banners cost? The URLs to details would be great else post here.
- LXR7R5=I hope this doesn't disappoint you too much, but if the banner is combined for all the (4) groups, I am unlikely to want that.
LXREEB=Specifically I would only want that if it was all 3 of the following were met:
- LXRF2Q=(1) -Did not make our groups appear more connected than they really are & should be. LXRFR4=All 2 prior joint activities between OCAndroid & OC-PHP have happened but just barely & quite painfully for me, and seemingly for you, too, due to our quite different group management styles & standards. While I think you personally do an outstanding job finding presentations (certainly much better than our group --as you seem to have a knack for it), that's not all there is a "group" IMHO (yes, maybe all there is to a monarchy or monologue, but not a group -where everyone else is more just a observer), and I published about & think I understand the standards & styles by which you run your groups and have published considerably on how our groups shoot for & do go beyond that. And I would be delighted to you evolve your groups to our published standards, and I'm feeling you are beginning to understand them, but I don't hold my breath you can nor want to change. But
LXRFS4=a combined banner would suggest a common set of values & standards & treatment-tradition common between the groups --which I hope will be, but I don't feel is there yet.
- LXRF7Y=(2) -listed all groups equal to their volunteers towards preparing for, hosting, & manning SCALE.
LXRF96=In this regard, my hunch is that you would want to focus it not enough on OCAndroid (as I'm not at all sure you are aware of & fully appreciate all OCAndroid has to offer, starting with you've never attended any of our events!, and I could go on), though my hunch is you may be willing to balance it out if asked
- LXRF54=(3) not very expensive, say less than $25 per group, given that this is only 1x per year thing and this is our 1st time doing it and things could change in next year (you just acquired the Drupal groups I recall and have recently often seem more interested in putting on Android presentations than PHP presentations) plus the last 2 stressors.
- LXRFFY=From all the prior, my much stronger preference would be to have a single banner for each group. And on that note,
LXRFKX=Each group could make & keep its own banner, for use here and, unlike a combo banner, also for use elsewhere.
LXR7VH=In our combined booth, what size (dimensions) of banner space would each group have? And how would it be hung? And it's indoors, right? What material should it probably be made of?
LXRG0O=OCAndroid would make its own banner (I'm thinking just something nice & inexpensive carefully printing on 8.5x11in paper then tiling it on larger paper or cardboard or cloth then covering with a clear (paint or plastic sheet)
LXRG4D=You could do what you want, including using the banner for last year, provided only that OCAndroid would get a fair share of banner space per LXRF96.
LXRG6F=Note though that this means you couldn't use banner from last year IF it was so big (I don't know if it is) that it wouldn't leave enough good banner space for OCAndroid who you've added --but hopefully that wouldn't be the case.
- LXXMBE=my next post responds to your next post, as there is no more space in this post.
Edited by DestinyArchitect on Jan 16, 2012 11:35 PM
Orange, CAPost #: 434
LXRICJ=(ACTIVELY CONSTRUCTING (so DO NOT SUBSTANTIVELY-REPLY YET!))
- LXRGK5=RE Your prior post "Jan 12, 2012 4:25 PM",
- LXRGKC=RE "Ok. Great you are busy. I run 3 user groups, have a family and daughter, a full time job, and errands to run -- thin here to but I manage. "
LXRGKC=Yeah, if you're like 95% of people, you have better skills at doing this (balancing many things at once) than I do.
LXRHD4=I don't. Indeed, to put it bluntly (as it seems I need to for you), I'm disabled here
LXRHG9=--as you now might have inferred, by this time waiting for my full answer LXPMQY.
LXRHGQ=Yeah, I got straight As, I follow laws & rules with an almost perfect record, I graduated MIT and was US Military solider & Sargent & officer & combat vet, I never do drugs & never get drunk, I never displace my upset feelings on others who don't deserve it, I never say nor do anything I don't mean regardless of how upset I am, and while I've had sex with many partners (over many years) I've never had sex casually and never paying for it and never romantically cheated and never an accidental pregnancy nor disease, with full condom & spermicide use ~99.5% of the time, and never a divorce and (of course) never an unplanned child, and I innovate non-stop (wanting to innovate for the world way more than caring for myself). But, yes, I do have some weakness, and, as my main meetup profile bio already announces to the world, "hv trouble w/ time&mbr2care4self" is a big one, indeed arguably my biggest -- as I was explaining for you, and without your even having to ask, in point LXPMQY of my first response to you on this --which you would have seen had you waited for it instead of interrupting with the unemphatic "Ok. Great you are busy. I run ..."
- LXRI3T=RE "What days do you plan on volunteering SCALE? ..." and"Who from OCAndroid is volunteering? Anyone?"
LXRI44=From reading (the instructions to everyone that I posted, in particular telling everyone to post these details 1.JotHere.com/631#LX5KZY ), You already know how to get the answer: any answers will be POSTED on the event listings else on the main JotHere post (and now on your spreadsheet), so look there.
LXRI74=Moreover, now that you're an event host of these, you'll immediately get emailed of RSVPs & comments to the event listing.
LXXO2N=Now instead of just barking questions, I appreciate you here telling what your constraints are ("Things I actually NEED to know within a day") but
LXRI8O=also tell WHY your constraints, especially if they're going to so unobvious & seemingly extreme. -as WHY do you "actually NEED to know within a day"?? Now I the banner you ALREADY explained the urgency ("to avoid any rush charges"), and I reply to you above, but why do you so urgently need to know these other things within a day? Truthfully. Especially when it's simply impossible: no way are we going to know everyone who's volunteering & when, at least not from OCAndroid, until maybe 1 day before the actual event. We just have to hope we get more than enough people so that we're covered. Or do you have some magic? Then why are you being so needlessly & unrealistically pushy? And when there's other work to do. Ticks me off!
- LXVXAS=RE "Due to communication delays, the banner will cost approx $65. A 3 day rush will have to be purchased - a $20 fee including shipping. "
LXVXB2=Thanks for the costs, but due to the lateness, all the more reason to do (LXRFFY above=you use last year's banner and we make our own banner).
- LXVXFE=RE "I have a Google Doc sending those who responded to myself tomorrow. Send me an email that I can use to include yourself."
LXVXFU=Yes, I got your email and posted it LXTX2T -- nice job. And in my response comments following that, I studied it carefully and updated it & incorporated your email text and make made several improvements to your spreadsheet. I hope you like. Please post your feedback there (by far best) else here.
- LXXO9M=You know, I don't know if it ever noticed it, William, but I've been doing a huge amount of work on this (as you can see), including cleaning up lots of stuff (as properly posting & organizing it) as the details from you dribble in, but almost all I hear from you is barking questions & demands. Indeed, the only 1 compliment I got from you was 2 sentences from you days ago, and the compliment missed a key & obvious point (my work here is NOT at all just for my group OCAndroid) and the 1st sentence was rather a kind of joking insult "Wooahh, I feel dizzy after reading all the info". Beyond that 1 buried & misunderstanding sentence, I don't see 1 sentence from you appreciating the good I've been contributing. Are you even noticing it? You will note I routinely compliment people on things they do I like, indeed I make a point of finding something significantly good before saying anything bad. So what's the deal with you here? Sure, you didn't ask for all this work, but you're not having to pay a penny for it, either. So at least you can start by saying a few sentences here and there on the positive. Yes you could say my contributions are unique, maybe not always what you expected, but EVERYONE does that. So if you found it difficult to find people to work with you (as in helping lead your groups), and you've been treating everyone as you have done with me, this (not giving plenty of true positives before every negative) would be be a real reason for it.
Edited by DestinyArchitect on Jan 17, 2012 12:29 AM
Post #: 120
Um. Ok..... I don't have time to go through the Jothere page really and go through all text to understand and cross reference the LX items. I just need to know things from an organization standpoint.
- Banner: I mentioned very early on a need for a banner and request for any financial. We have a 6'x2.5' vinyl banner from last year that will be used. Really tho, at this point, don't care, put any additional information at the booth for OCAndroid as you want as long as booth does not appear cluttered.
- Attending OCAndroid: I currently don't do Android so why don't attend. Also, go to 3 user groups a month, that I organize, and with having a family more are usually tough to do.
- Organization style: Great. No problem. To each his own. Reality, I got the booth and included your group out of being nice and courtesy trying to support other local OC groups. As such, organization and planning should be through me and you are feel free to contact the organizers of SCALE to try to get a booth of your own if this request is too difficult. As such, I need to know directly knows times people will be at the booth. I need you to follow this and need this on the Google Doc to precisely track times so I can confirm there will be at least two people at the booth at a time for the day.
- Dictatorship: I get help when people offer. I am not a dictator by far. I have others organizer meetups themselves in OCDrupal when they have wanted without a whim from me.
- Your personal items: Great things you have done. No one took shots at you so don't know where that came from.