Post #: 121
What is the update on your schedule for table on Sunday? I see you only posted no shows for yourself thus far on schedule but not actual yes'. I only have one guy for Sunday and rather not have him show if he will be there by himself. Most people are doing Saturday as of yet.
This way of communication is slow waiting for responses btw.
Post #: 122
Another reply and waiting any type of communication.
It is not looking good for Sunday volunteer wise. You are scheduled two hours during early morning (before exhibition opens actually -- 10a). I rather cancel any booth participation for Sunday and let Rolando off the hook for his duties of standing there alone. There is also no one to gather any items left behind when things close. As mentioned, I am only doing Saturday for family reasons.
I will be pulling plug on any Sunday booth participation by Weds (for Rolando's sake) if things remain the same.
LXYHGD=Dear William and anyone else curious
RE (in your prior post) "waiting any type of communication"
- LXZP83=Well actually I've been updating this thread every day,
but, yes, it would be hard to see for anyone to see that due to the limited discussion board Meetup offers, and it's clear you're not seeing it, so I just wrote for you & others my conventions for communicating via posting LXYMA1 (useful on any posting website)
- LXZPHB=-Kindly read, & post comments there if you wish.
- LXZQLA=Hopefully you will find this a good set of rules, too, ideally a set you also use for your groups & jobs as well.
- LXZPHS=-it will explain exactly the rules I'm using to post to this thread, and how then to spot the updates.
- LXYHMR=Following this, you will see this earlier post is now complete so ready for your careful reading & reply, while later ones currently aren't, they will be, just be patient..
- LXZPI4=Note this post (HERE, not being linked to) is an exception to replying-in-full due to the fact that I was seeing you weren't fully getting this communication style of posting here, plus since it indeed has some notable problems as that details.
- LXZB3Z=I've given you not nearly as many answers as I would have liked to have given you. Why? NOT because I'm not working on them (I've worked hours). But, in writing my conventions for communicating via posting LXYMA1 I realized the #1 reason is because of a quite un-obvious but deep & serious problem that arises when one tries to do what we're doing without a threaded-discussion (which Meetup discussion boards lack) specifically my goal to respond to insure response to 100% of your words which is not in general realistically possible with non-threading, and quite problematic at best, as we've experienced: as that details, it's very hard for one to be sure in-general one has replied to every point, something which is always foremost in my mind as it's a top goal with me.
- LXZOOR=But that post also details http://1.JotHere.com... does NOT suffer from this nor from a number of other related drawbacks which Meetup suffers from, so I am confident this response slowdown & confusion we experienced would not have been a problem had we done this thread on http://1.JotHere.com... , especially given its threaded comments (which also feature significant HTML support and more so are pretty darn impressive --other than the fact that they're missing a WYSIWYG editor (so just use an external one) and versioning, but I'll be getting those, too), so:
- LXZOUF=I want to thank you for doing this thread on Meetup discussion boards as the process WAS posting (a big step in the right direction away from limiting email & voice) and your doing this with me then enabled me even more clearly see how Meetup discussion boards are just not adequate while http://1.JotHere.com... threaded comments are, and so enabled me to write the above post on this and much more. But
- LXZP1T=Now kindly right away create an account for yourself on http://1.JotHere.com... so we can continue this discussion there so much more productively.
LXZP36=It will only take you about 3 minutes (it will email you a password; simply have your secured web-browser remember it).
LXZP47=And rest assured, many more people will be coming to http://1.JotHere.com... including it will soon have the ability to accept Facebook, Google, and ideally even Meetup.com logins.
- LXZQ3D=Instead of on OCAndroid, especially your last 2 posts (on booth scheduling for all participating groups) would be better posted where the discussion is & everyone would be looking: as a reply to your posted-email (which you need a JotHere login to do) --hope you'll do that.
LXZRHX=And heads up: I would encourage you to keep Sunday scheduled for as long as possible, as I don't feel all the volunteering for the booth has been done; for starters, I haven't worked out all my Sunday plans: it's a work in progress.
- LXZQEY=post completions & response to come, as you would now know from reading about me.
Edited by DestinyArchitect on Jan 18, 2012 1:51 PM
LY1LH6=--instead posted this on the JotHere page. Search for this ID.
Edited by DestinyArchitect on Jan 20, 2012 10:04 AM